· Newest Member: ppitarch
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
View Thread
 Print Thread
Time Travel Exhibition Game
Everhat14
I wanted to get this game on the table.
I divided the position players into stacks by position and the pitchers into stacks by pitcher type then randomly chose each team.
I used a combination of the Basic Rules Set and a handful of more Advanced rules.
If this goes well, I will chug along with a four or five game series.

DOGS
Manny Trillo 2B 1980 Philadelphia Phililes
Toby Harrah 3B 1979 Cleveland Indians
Dave Collins CF 1980 Cincinnati Reds
Eddie Murray 1B 1985 Baltimore Orioles
Mitchell Page LF 1977 Oakland Athletics
Tony Armas RF 1980 Oakland Athletics
Chico Salmon SS 1970 Baltimore Orioles
Biff Pocaroba C 1978 Atlanta Braves
Mike Cuellar P 1970 Baltimore Orioles

CATS
Enos Cabell 3B 1980 Houston Astros
Miller Huggins 2B 1910 St. Louis Cardinals
Honus Wagner SS 1908 Pittsburgh Pirates
Mickey Mantle CF 1956 New York Yankees
Roger Maris RF 1961 New York Yankees
Ted Simmons C 1978 St. Louis Cardinals
John Wokenfuss 1B 1980 Detroit Tigers
Dusty Rhodes LF 1956 New York Giants
Steve Carlton P 1980 Philadelphia Phillies

The Time Travel factor = No Effect.
A handful of player/game factors favored pitching and defense.

The Dogs threatened to in the the top of the Fourth Inning when led off with a single only to be thrown out attempting to steal second base. Dave Collins belted a 2-out double but was picked off by a snap throw from Steve Carlton. The Cats also rallied in the Fourth Inning after singles by Miller Huggins and Mickey Mantle was followed by a Walk from Roger Maris. Ted Simmons slashed a ball that was gobbled up by Trillo and turned into an inning-ending double play.

Neither team managed much offense until Huggins led off the Dogs Eighth Inning with a single. Mike Cuellar then fanned Honus Wagner for the second time. Mantle chopped a ball the squeezed through the infield and a bolting Huggins who was running on the pitch scampered around the bases to score and put the Dogs in front.

In the top of the Ninth Inning the Cats Dave Collins clubbed a ball deep to left field that was brought in on the run by a hustling Dusty Rhodes. Carlton then struck out Tony Armas for the third time to end the game.

Final Score
Dogs: 0
Cats: 1

This was a lot of fun.
Drafting was a blast. Watching the non-HOFer in Dusty Rhodes save an extra-base hit in the top of the Ninth was awesome. Miller Huggins out-shining the legends around him to make the difference in the game was cool, too.

When I picked up this game years ago, I was looking for a go-to baseball game that I could do replays with (however slowly). I found another game to play those games.
My approach to games has changed over time too and I now enjoy flexibility in games to use or not use rules and rule sets. I found a good combo of rules for my with this game as there are a ton of ways to play.
Time Travel Baseball is a blast. There is something about Chico Salmon playing a game with Roger Maris. There is also something about the 3-4-5 hitters listed on the batting order as: Wagner, Mantle, Maris.

http://www.everhat.com
rickert
I agree this is a lot of fun. I hope there are more products to come. You also might want to check out the Facebook group dedicated to the game.

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Email or Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest Downloads
· 2014 Statis Pro Base...
· 2013 Statis Pro Base...
· 2012 Statis Pro Base...