Print Thread
GV's UQ Wrestling Results
GV
WCW Saturday Night Results (Late 90's)

i.imgur.com/VdhJpxS.jpg

The Forum, Rome, GA

Commentators: Tony Schiavone & "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

Ring Announcer: Dave Penzer

Referees: "Shooter" Mark Curtis, Billy Silverman, Randy Anderson, Mickie Jay & Charles Robinson

Backstage Segment – “Make A Statement !”

Bobby Duncum, Jr. is clowning around backstage with Barry Windham and his brother Kendall. WCW President Eric Bischoff walks up patting his heart and pointing to the trio. “How are my Texans doing this evening ?” he asks. Easy E is all smiles after his recent signing of Barry Windham. The boys greet him with handshakes. Bischoff suddenly has an epiphany. “Wait ! I see something here …. I see the makings of a new stable … but three is not enough. We need one more !” Bischoff looks around and spots Curt Hennig and calls him over to join them. Easy E studies the foursome. “Now, what shall we call you guys ?” He ponders for a moment and then blurts out, “How about The West Texas Rednecks ?” The Windhams and Duncum, Jr. like the name, but Hennig looks perplexed. “I’m from Minnesota,” he says. Bischoff just blows it off, “Ah, who cares, Curt ! We’ll dress you up like a cowboy and nobody will know the difference ! The West Texas Rednecks it is !” Bischoff is proud of himself and beams a big smile. “Now, make a big impression on the fans tonight ! Let them know who you are ! Make a statement !”

Match 1

i.imgur.com/TfqspOk.jpg i.imgur.com/pHutPBC.jpg

WCW Cruiserweight Champion Juventud Guerrera vs. El Dandy of the L.W.O. (w/ Eddie Guerrero) in a non-title bout

Eddie Guerrero, who is the leader of the Latino World Order, proved to be a major distraction for the Cruiserweight Champ at ringside in our opening contest. Guerrera managed to overcome a 100 point deficit and pin El Dandy with the Juvi Driver (Michinoku Driver) at 3:22. After the bout, Guerrero congratulated Juvi on his victory and tried to recruit him into joining the stable. Eddie tossed him a L.W.O. t-shirt and told Juvi to “listen to your blood”. Guerrera opened the shirt, looked at the insignia, and threw it back to Eddie before returning to the back. I guess we’ll take that as a “No” … at least for now.

Match 2

i.imgur.com/71HEjRb.jpg i.imgur.com/SdAHuaY.jpg

WCW World Champion Goldberg vs. Barry Horowitz in a non-title match

Horowitz may have a less than stellar win-loss record, but he’s sure entertaining. Barry cut a funny promo with “Mean” Gene Okerlund before the match to earn himself a 100 point bonus and closed the segment with his trademark self-pat on the back. Once the bell rang, however, Goldberg made quick work of him. The champ put Horowitz away with a Spear and the Jackhammer (Verticle Suplex Slam) to score the pinfall at 1:16.

Match 3

i.imgur.com/dgOb8zL.jpg i.imgur.com/aVFWqMW.jpg

Jim Duggan (w/ American Flag) vs. Mark Starr

Duggan was somehow able to draw a spirited “U.S.A.!” chant from the crowd during his entrance despite his opponent being a Babyface from the UK. The patriotic reception tacked an additional 75 points onto his total. Duggan finished off Starr with his Old Glory Knee Drop at 3:01.

Match 4

i.imgur.com/aComK3T.jpg i.imgur.com/GyWE0cu.jpg

Ernest “The Cat” Miller (w/ Manager Sonny Onoo) vs. Glacier

Tony & The Dream billed this contest as “The Battle of the Spin Kicks” since both grapplers use the maneuver to finish off their opponents. The Cat’s Spin Kick, which he calls “The Feliner”, seems to be even more devastating when he delivers it while wearing a pair of controversial (and possibly loaded) red slippers which his manager Sonny Onoo carries around in a briefcase. The slippers came into play tonight when Miller connected with The Feliner and pinned Glacier at 3:07. After the bell, the Cat quickly gave the slippers back to Onoo who promptly locked them in his Haliburton.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/a2kq1yz.jpg i.imgur.com/i5LJvjM.jpg

“The Belfast Bruiser” David “Fit” Finlay vs. Meng from the Faces of Fear (w/ The Barbarian & Manager Jimmy Hart)

Finlay is playing the Face tonight. He’s smaller in size to Meng, but just as tough. Fit is no stranger to bending the rules himself, and was ready when his opponent attempted a sneak attack during Ring Announcer Dave Penzer’s match introductions. As a result, Meng lost 100 points. The Barbarian further added to his woes with some botched interference. Despite being the underdog, Meng pulled out a victory with his Tongan Death Grip submission hold at 4:55. After the bell, The Faces of Fear put a double team beat down on Finlay until “Nasty Boy” Brian Knobbs ran in to make the save. Knobbs has been flying solo ever since his tag team partner Jerry Saggs went down with an injury. He may have found himself a new partner here tonight.

Match 6

i.imgur.com/c5zar7f.jpg i.imgur.com/vaNkdM9.jpg

“Candy Man” Brad Armstrong vs. “Jumping” Joey Maggs

Armstrong was in rare full heel mode this evening after jumping Maggs from behind during his ring entrance and adding 200 points to his score. The Candy Man scored another 25 points with a roll on his Cheating Modifier and finished Maggs off with the Side Russian Leg Sweep at 2:48. After the bell, Brad was confronted by his brothers Scott and Steve regarding his new attitude. The Candy Man said he was tired of being a door mat for all the rule-breakers in WCW and mumbled “no more Mr. Nice Guy” as he walked out on his brothers.

Match 7

i.imgur.com/aYLoDMa.jpg i.imgur.com/JX94VIo.jpg

The Renegade (w/ “Desperado” Joe Gomez) vs. Curt Hennig of The West Texas Red Necks (w/ Bobby Duncum, Jr.)

The Renegade, who bears a strong resemblance to the WWF’s Ultimate Warrior, fired up the fans with an electrifying promo to boost his score by 150 points, but lost 100 of them once the match got under way thanks to some cheap shots from Duncum. Enter “Desperado” Joe Gomez into the mix. Fed up with all the outside interference, Gomez joined the fray. The contest soon spiraled out of control leaving Referee Billy Silverman no choice but to call for the bell and DQ both competitors at 8:09.

Match 8

i.imgur.com/6zeAi7e.jpg i.imgur.com/ScpSLyC.jpg

Hardbody Harrison vs. Brian Adams of the n.W.o. (w/ Buff Bagwell & Vincent)

Vincent (Mike Jones) was formerly known as Virgil, the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase’s bodyguard in the WWF. He was given the monicker “Virgil” as a poke at “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes (Virgil Runnels). WCW returned the favor by repackaging (and renaming) Jones “Vincent”, naming him after you-know-who in the WWF. History aside, Vincent earned his keep tonight and was instrumental in Adams’ win. First, the n.W.o. lackey cut a good promo in the ring to increase Adams’ total by 75. Vincent then distracted Harrison from outside the ring allowing Adams to inflict 100 points worth of damage. And finally, Vincent snuck into the ring during a Buff Bagwell diversion to assist Adams with a Spiked Pile Driver leading to the winning pinfall on Harrison at 6:11.

Match 9

i.imgur.com/gwYb8pp.jpg i.imgur.com/LJ5Xyf8.jpg

Bobby Blaze vs. Barry Windham of The West Texas Red Necks (w/ Kendall Windham)

Blaze took it on the chin tonight and was, for all intents and purposes, The West Texas Red Neck’s sacrificial lamb. Channeling Eric Bischoff’s “Make a Statement” directive, the Windham Brothers set the tone by disrupting Blaze’s pre-match interview with “Mean” Gene Okerlund back stage. Barry & Kendall then combined to viciously clothesline Blaze with a bull rope in the ring and then took turns pummeling him with a cowbell. In consolation for the brutal beating, Blaze was rewarded with a victory by Referee Mickie Jay via disqualification at 6:35.

GV
WWF Smackdown! Results (Attitude Era Late 90's)

i.imgur.com/lDWH4e8.jpg

O-Rena, Orlando, FL

Commentators: Michael Cole & Jim Cornette

Ring Announcer: Tony Chimel

Referees: Tim White, Jack Doan, Mike Sparks & Chad Patton

*Opening Pyrotechnics*

In Ring Segment – “The Empire Strikes Back!”

“No chance in hell” brings out Mr. McMahon with his corporate stooges Gerald Brisco and Pat Patterson. What the heck is this now ? McMahon is hobbling with a cane and wearing heavy age makeup to make him look a hundred years old. Patterson and Brisco hold the ropes open for him and Vince gingerly enters the ring. Normally, McMahon’s strategy for dealing with WCW is to not even acknowledge that they exist. It’s as if they’re so far beneath the WWF that they don’t warrant a minute of his time. Nevertheless, he’s chosen this moment to indirectly address his biggest competitor. “One of our former employees has recently turned up at another wrestling promotion,” old man McMahon begins. “This should come as no surprise to anyone because they are nothing but an old folks home and antique shop for the WWF’s relics.” (We can hear Jim Cornette chuckling in the background.) The Boss is actually breaking character as the evil, heel owner and getting some cheers from the crowd. McMahon continues, “They are truly the Statue of Liberty of Professional Wrestling.” The Boss holds up an imaginary torch and recites the following passage, “Give me your tired … your washed-up … your huddled, over-the-hill has-beens …. and not only will I give you a job …. but I’ll over-pay you on top of it!” Vince throws away the cane and peels the make up off his face. “We here in the WWF walk a different path. We give you fresh faces, athletes in the prime of their careers and relevant, compelling entertainment. We are what’s happening today… and we are the future of where wrestling is going. We hope that you enjoy the ride with us !” Little did McMahon realize how prophetic his words would turn out to be.

Match 1

i.imgur.com/avQ7HvG.jpg i.imgur.com/C86PaX0.jpg i.imgur.com/7H1SM3O.jpg

Light Heavyweight Triple Threat Match – WWF Light Heavyweight Champion Taka Michinoku of Kaientai (w/ Manager Yamaguchi-San) vs. Essa Rios (w/ Valet Lita) vs. Crash Holly (w/ Cousin Molly Holly) in a non-title match

Rios and Holly were both hoping that a good showing here tonight might earn them a championship match against Michinoku at some point down the road, but Southern Justice put an end to that. Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight rushed the ring and laid waste to all three light heavyweights to send a message of their own. The match was officially declared a No Contest by Referee Tim White at 10:21. Knight and Canterbury were formerly known to WWF fans as the Godwinns. The popular pig farmers from Arkansas were turned heel by Tennessee Lee and are making a bid for a title match of their own against The New Age Outlaws.

Match 2

i.imgur.com/QJN9KoM.jpg i.imgur.com/JwVcQd9.jpg

Chainsaw Charlie vs. “The Vampire Warrior” Gangrel of The Brood (w/ Edge)

The complexion of this contest changed dramatically when Mr. McMahon suddenly declared the bout a Table Match purely on a whim. As a result, Table Modifiers came into play with both competitors picking up 25 bonus points. Things were looking good for Charlie when he propped Gangrel up against a table that was leaning in a corner and attempted to drive him through it with a Spear, but Edge pulled the Vampire Warrior out of harm’s away at the last possible moment. Charlie ran full steam into the table, and, in essence, defeated himself by crashing right through it. Your winner at 12:03 – Gangrel.

Match 3

i.imgur.com/w8To2aK.jpg i.imgur.com/aKPbd7u.jpg

Ladies Match - Jacqueline vs. Luna Vachon (w/ The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust)

Jacqueline is enjoying new found popularity with the fans after parting ways with “Marvelous” Marc Mero. Luna took exception to the warm reception that the crowd gave her opponent and tried a sneak attack before the bell, but Jacqueline thwarted the ambush. Vachon lost 100 points as a result. The worst was yet to come for Luna. Goldust tried to blind Jacqueline with a handful of powder but ended up getting Vachon with it instead. Luna stumbled right into a Small Package and was pinned at 8:29.

Match 4

i.imgur.com/x6205iM.jpg i.imgur.com/8sJgbSp.jpg

Road Dogg Jesse James of D-Generation X vs. “The Big Red Machine” Kane (w/ Paul Bearer)

Southern Justice struck again. Knight and Canterbury were intent on showing the New Age Outlaws that they meant business and jumped Road Dogg during his famous “Oh, You Didn’t Know ?” entrance to inflict 200 points worth of damage. Billy Gunn raced down the aisle to check on his partner, and then stuck around to lend a hand during the match. Gunn interfered frequently to cost Kane 100 points, but drew the ire of Referee Chad Patton in the process. Patton ordered him to return to the back and the momentum abruptly swung in Kane’s favor. The Big Red Machine went on to win the match with his Chokeslam from Hell at 5:36.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/lgPQ4IH.jpgi.imgur.com/ro4TeHt.jpg i.imgur.com/AFzTMK6.jpgi.imgur.com/15ldPK5.jpg

Tag Team Match - The Rock & Sock Connection (WWF Intercontinental Champion The Rock & Mankind) vs. “The World’s Most Dangerous Man” Ken Shamrock & former adult film star Val Venis (w/ Valet Ryan Shamrock)

It would be a major understatement to say that Ken Shamrock wanted absolutely nothing to do with this match. He refused to be introduced with Venis and made his own separate entrance altogether. Ken has pulled no punches in expressing his complete disdain for Venis and his lifestyle. It bugs him to no end that his kid sister Ryan chooses to affiliate herself with him. Whispers that there might be romance going on behind the scenes between Ryan and Val only serve to infuriate him all the more. Once the bell rang, Shamrock did nothing but bicker with his sister. Although he was reluctant to tag in, Ken did so when called upon and actually did quite well for himself once he was in the ring. When Val became trapped in Mankind’s Mandible Claw, Ken ignored his sister's pleas to break up the submission hold. He simply hopped off the apron and returned to the back after Venis inevitably tapped out. The time of the match was 7:50.

Match 6

i.imgur.com/gNXPyrj.jpg i.imgur.com/nJSunhY.jpg

European Title Match – Challenger Owen Hart vs. Champion Jeff Jarrett (w/ Manager Tennessee Lee)

As his challengers could fully attest to, Jeff Jarrett will do whatever it takes to retain the European Title. It came as no surprise to see him attack Hart as Owen was climbing through the ropes for the match introductions to get the early jump in the contest. Hart fell further behind when Tennessee Lee pulled off one of his cowboy boots and bashed Hart in the back with it while Jarrett distracted Referee Jack Doan. Time and time again, Jarrett and Lee manipulated the official to cheat. Owen could finally stand no more and blew a gasket. He tossed Doan out of the ring and took justice into his own hands by going ballistic on both Jarrett and his manager. Hart was DQ’d for his actions, but no doubt felt vindication from giving Jarrett his comeuppance. The time of the match was 10:10. Jeff Jarrett retains the European Championship.

GV
WCW Monday Night Nitro Results (Attitude Era Late 90's)

i.imgur.com/HDflWBF.jpg

The Superdome, New Orleans, LA

Commentators: “The Professor” Mike Tenay, Tony Schiavone & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

i.imgur.com/gwdGTtx.jpg

Referees: Mickie Jay, Charles Robinson, "Shooter" Mark Curtis, Scott Dickinson & Randy Anderson

And we’re live from the Superdome! Tony Schiavone emphasizes the word “live” to contrast the difference between the WWF’s RAW which is taped.

In Ring Segment – “Making Amends”

Chris Jericho is scheduled for tonight’s second match, but he’s making his way down the aisle with … a mirror (?) and a new tux jacket (?) … for Ring Announcer Dave Penzer ?? Okeeee … Tony Schiavone reminds us that Jericho destroyed Penzer’s jacket on the last edition of Nitro during a temper tantrum following a defeat to Diamond Dallas Page. The jacket looks like it came straight from the cleaners. Jericho removes it from the garment bag and helps Penzer try it out. He brushes off a piece of lint, takes a couple of steps back and admires the fit. Jericho nods in approval. Now what ? Alright, Jericho is holding the mirror up for Penzer.

Bobby Heenan: “He knows that we have eight matches to get to here tonight, right ??”

The Brain’s got some good one-liners ! Jericho encourages Penzer to turn around and check-out the jacket from several different angles. Penzer seems satisfied. The two men shake hands and Jericho leaves. Penzer finally begins the match introductions for our opening contest.

Match 1

i.imgur.com/YRMWVM7.jpg i.imgur.com/USuh81t.jpg

Eddie Guerrero of the L.W.O. vs. Disco Inferno

Prior to the match, Eddie made another impassioned appeal for Cruiserweight Champion Juventud Guerrera to join the Latino World Order. As the self-appointed leader of the group, Eddie has been actively recruiting all the WCW Luchadors to band together with him. Up to this point, Juvi has declined the offer, however it looked like he might have had a recent change of heart. Guerrera came down to ringside mid-match wearing a L.W.O. t-shirt. Eddie was ecstatic, that is, until Juvi tried to throw a cup of beer in his face. Guerrero ducked in the nick of time leaving Disco to take the beverage to the eyes instead. Eddie quickly cradled his blinded foe in a Small Package for the winning pinfall at 5:01. Juvi took off the L.W.O. shirt and threw it at Eddie in disgust. He then grabbed a mic and issued a challenge. Guerrera agreed to join the faction if Eddie could defeat him at the upcoming WCW Fall Brawl Pay-Per-View.

Match 2

i.imgur.com/oQUEW1q.jpg i.imgur.com/4JNXNPg.jpg

"The Dog-Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner vs. "Lionheart" Chris Jericho

Here comes Jericho with his mirror again. Penzer once more admires his new jacket in the reflection. Jericho whispers something is his ear and stuffs a sawbuck in the breast pocket. Penzer announces him as “The New, Undefeated Chris Jericho”. Sheeesh. I can’t believe Penzer did that for ten bucks. OK, whatever. Thus begins “The Age of Jericho” or so we’re told by Schiavone. Jericho looks reluctant to lock up with Steiner. He hides behind Referee Charles Robinson. Now Robinson goes behind him … and Jericho pulls Robinson in front of him again like a shield. Round and round they go. This looks like a Three Stooges skit rather than a wrestling match.

Bobby Heenan: “Welcome to the Chris Jericho Comedy Hour”

Robinson, who has the patience of a saint, is fed up and orders Jericho to wrestle. Jericho demands to know if Marcus of Queensbury Rules are being enforced. In the meantime, Steiner is just standing there with his arms folded.

Bobby Heenan: “You think that you’ve got it bad, Rick ? I go through this every week !”

Finally the two tie up and Jericho is tossed half away across the ring with a Release Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex. Steiner moves in and Jericho is running for his life. The Dog-Faced Gremlin has him by the back of his tights to prevent him from scrambling out of the ring. “Help me !” Jericho shouts at Robinson. The exasperated official holds up his hands as if to say “What do you want from me ??” Jericho grabs the bewildered Robinson by the shirt and won’t let go despite Steiner’s attempts to pull them apart. All three men go down now. Jericho gets up with his mirror but catches a kick to the gut before he can clobber his adversary with it. Steiner has the mirror now and whacks Jericho over the back. Robinson shakes out the cobwebs to find the Dog-Faced Gremlin making the cover and counts the 1-2-3 at 6:28. Jericho’s undefeated streak officially ends at 0. Here we go again. Jericho is pounding the mat with his fists and kicking his feet in a hissy fit.

Tony Schiavone: “This guy needs a win in the worst way!”

Bobby Heenan: “This guy needs therapy in the worst way!”

I’d get out of there if I were you, Penzer ! Alas, too late. Jericho pulls Penzer’s tux jacket off him and tears it to shreds with his bare hands. Look out ! He’s got the folding chair now that Penzer uses to sit on during the matches and slams it against a ring post a dozen times or so. What’s he doing now ? Jericho is trying to set up the mangled chair in the ring.

Bobby Heenan: “Maybe he’s putting himself on “time-out” ?”

Jericho is huffing and puffing and trying to catch his breath. He sits down on the chair and a leg immediately breaks off. Jericho ends up on his butt in the ring. Oh, please don’t give him a mic !

Chris Jericho: “What you people have witnessed here tonight is my final defeat in WCW!”

Bobby Heenan: “Is he leaving?”

Chris Jericho: “I will not lose another match. Mark my words. Girls, go home and record this date in your diaries. Gentlemen, write this on your calendars. It will never happen again. Never, ever. I am wiping the slate clean. A year from today, I am inviting you all back to the Superdome and we will celebrate my 365-day undefeated streak together.”

And yes, just in case you were wondering, Jericho fished the ten dollar bill out of the pocket of Penzer’s decimated tux jacket before leaving the ring.

Match 3

i.imgur.com/2KUC98l.jpg i.imgur.com/RNF0B4k.jpg

"The Ragin' Cajun" Lash Leroux vs. Kendall Windham of The West Texas Rednecks (w/ Bobby Duncum, Jr.)

As one might expect, Leroux was well-received in his native Louisiana and added 100 bonus points to his score, but still went down to defeat in the end. Windham finished him off with a Running Bulldog out of the corner at 4:51. After the bell, Duncum and Windham put a double-team beat down on Lash until Public Enemy ran in with a table to make the save and chase off the heels.

In Ring Segment – “Calling Down the Thunder”

WCW President Eric Bischoff makes his way to the ring with a message for WWF owner Vince McMahon. Whether he was poking fun at McMahon’s geriatric skit on Smackdown, or Vince’s actual age, only Easy E knows for sure.

Eric Bishoff: “Hey Old Man, I’m coming to your backyard ! Tickets just went on sale for an upcoming Nitro at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York, and last I heard, they’re going pretty fast. When was the last time that you sold out that building ? Yeah, that’s what I thought. But don’t worry, I’ll save you a seat for the show. You think you have your finger on the pulse of the wrestling fans, but do you really ? Maybe you have to say those things to dupe the fans of your promotion, or maybe you’re just duping yourself ? You can “imply” all you want about our roster, but all I know is that when the ratings numbers come out on Tuesday morning, I’m kicking your butt, buddy… and that makes Mr. Turner a very happy man at our board meetings. And so, in closing, I’m challenging you to face me in the ring, one on one, for a match on your own home turf ! I’ll see you in Uniondale, Old Man, or will I ?”

Match 4

i.imgur.com/2x0Dxks.jpg i.imgur.com/8f8lQrt.jpg i.imgur.com/YXLq07e.jpg i.imgur.com/dA8GtRT.jpg

Tag Team Match – Mortis & Wrath (w/ Manager James Vandenburg) vs. Raven & Sick Boy of The Flock (w/ Saturn, Reese, Hammer & Lodi)

The Flock employ “Fabulous Freebird Rules” in their tag matches, meaning that any two members of the group can represent them at any given time. Opponents are often kept in the dark until match time as to which wrestlers they will actually be facing. And here come the rag-tag Flock looking like grunge refugees from a Lollapalooza concert with their flannel shirts, ripped up Levis, piercings and tats. Raven takes a seat in the corner and begins expounding to us about his troubled youth growing up in the Bowery.

Raven: “What about me ? What about Raven?” Blah, Blah, Blah

A fan’s sign in the crowd reads “Quoth the Raven – Wrestle more!”

Bobby Heenan: “Bring Jericho back out!”

Well, it looks like that fan is going to get his wish. Flock members gradually disburse from the ring leaving Raven and Sick Boy to take on Mortis & Wrath. This is a grudge match stemming from The Flock’s interference during a Wrath – Bam Bam Bigelow bout on the last edition of Nitro. Going into this contest, The Flock earned 25 points by rolling on their Savvy Modifier. The points are purely a result of Raven’s experience. Sick Boy (Scott Vick) is a relative newcomer and a product of WCW’s Power Plant training facility. Once the match got under way, James Vandenburg (later known as “Sinister Minister” Father James Mitchell) made his presence felt by reaching into the ring and tripping Sick Boy to cost The Flock 50 points. Despite being the underdogs, Vandenburg’s team pulled out a hard-fought victory when Mortis pinned Sick Boy with the Flatliner (Fallaway Slam off the 2nd Rope) at 9:50.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/y4rwEIB.jpg i.imgur.com/chNZlvp.jpg

Ultimo Dragon vs. "Lightning Foot" Jerry Flynn

Dave Penzer makes the match introductions and out comes President Eric Bischoff with a Japanese gentleman. What’s this all about now ? Apparently, Bischoff’s cohort is an interpreter. Easy E is praising Jerry Flynn for his expertise and calls him a “master of the martial arts” ! Jerry Flynn ?? What’s Bischoff smoking in the back ? Easy E studies Ultimo Dragon’s reaction as the interpreter translates his words. Of course, it’s hard to gauge given that Ultimo wears a mask. I guess Bischoff is playing his mind games with the Japanese star. Nevertheless, “the master of the martial arts” gets 75 points for the President’s glowing … uh… embellishment, and the Dragon gets 25 additional points of his own for rolling on his Technical Modifier. When all was said and done, Ultimo won with the Dragon Sleeper at 4:02. Bischoff had the last word, though, by having Buff Bagwell, Scott “Flash” Norton and Vincent of the n.W.o. rush the ring and beat down the Dragon. In an interesting development, “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner then ran-in and cleaned house of the n.W.o. B-Squad. Steiner was offered membership into the stable on the last episode of Nitro after Konnan defeated him for the Television Championship.

Scott Steiner: “Kevin Nash, you said that you saved a spot for me in the n.W.o. Well, consider this to be my answer… thanks …. but, no thanks !”

The crowd roars !

Scott Steiner: “Here’s what I do want, Big Kev … My Title back ! Konnan, if you got the guts, you’ll give me a rematch and then we’ll see who the real TV champion is !”

Big Poppa Pump then paused to see if there would be a reaction. There was, but not from Konnan, or any other member of the n.W.o. for that matter. “Iceman” Dean Malenko of The Four Horsemen came out instead.

Dean Malenko: “Steiner, what makes you think that you’re the number one contender for the Television Title ? The last time I looked, your name wasn’t on the championship booking committee. We’ve got us a little problem here, because I also want a shot at the Television Title. I’ll leave it in the committee’s hands, but I’m making my bid later tonight.

Match 6

i.imgur.com/Pq7IvwT.jpg i.imgur.com/Z33JuJs.jpg

"The Chairman of WCW" La Parka vs. Buff Bagwell of the n.W.o. (w/ Scott “Flash” Norton & Vincent)

“I’m Buff and I’m The Stuff !” Bagwell’s catchphrase and entrance went over big with fans who rewarded him with 100 bonus points. As for his opponent La Parka, well, he didn’t get his nickname for holding a position in the promotion’s front office, but rather, for being quite handy with a folding chair. The Luchador from Mexico came out playing air guitar on one during his entrance. La Parka then set the chair up in the ring, did a little dance and struck “The Karate Kid” Crane pose. He’s a little goofy, but the fans love him ! Entrances aside, this was a one-sided contest thanks, in large part, to frequent interference (and cheap shots) from Bagwell’s corner men. Buff went on to win the match with his Blockbuster (Diving Neckbreaker from the top rope) at 3:27. After the bell, Ultimo Dragon came out with Bischoff’s interpreter and challenged Bagwell to a match next week. Buff accepted !

Match 7

i.imgur.com/aYBHrcy.jpg i.imgur.com/0A02eK1.jpg

Rey Mysterio Jr. of the L.W.O. (w/ Silver King) vs. "Iceman" Dean Malenko of the Four Horsemen

The Iceman Cometh ! If Malenko was hoping to make a positive impression on the championship booking committee, he certainly succeeded with an impressive victory over Mysterio this evening. Aided by 75 bonus points for his earlier promo on Scott Steiner, plus 50 points worth of botched interference by Silver King, the Iceman made Mysterio tap out to his Texas Cloverleaf leg lock finishing hold at 4:03. So who will get the Television Title shot at Konnan - Malenko or Big Poppa Pump, or perhaps, someone else ? We shall have to wait and see.

Match 8

i.imgur.com/oH92cHd.jpg i.imgur.com/JZAGtvH.jpg i.imgur.com/RC5QpM1.jpg i.imgur.com/lvQ5Qdr.jpg i.imgur.com/7GPSYo1.jpg i.imgur.com/om0jwMn.jpg

Six Man Tag Team Match - “The Total Package” Lex Luger, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper & Sting vs. The Disciple, Hollywood Hogan & “Macho Man” Randy Savage of the n.W.o. (w/ Liz)

It’s Main Event time and we got us a doozy ! Michael “Let’s Get Ready To Rumble” Buffer provides the match introductions and away we go ! The Disciple, by the way, is a long-haired, bearded hippie version of the WWF’s Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake. Randy Savage has been making claims that he has Lex Luger’s number. The Macho Man is renting space in Luger’s head by insisting that The Total Package has never been able to, and never will be able to, beat him. Savage seemed to cement his boast by defeating Luger (with lots of help from Hollywood Hogan I might add) during the last edition of Nitro. Of course, Savage steered clear of Luger throughout this contest and tagged out whenever Lex entered the fray. As six man tag matches often do, this one degenerated into mayhem with all six men battling it out in the ring. Referee Mark Curtis was on the cusp of calling for the bell when The Disciple laid out Luger with The Apocalypse (Stone Cold Stunner). While Curtis was busy restoring order, Savage came off the top rope with his Madness Flying Elbow Drop on the downed Luger and scored the winning pinfall at 13:19 despite neither man being the legal man for their respective team.
Edited by GV on 10/05/2019

GV
COMING UP NEXT ON

i.imgur.com/ixdioZ7.jpg

i.imgur.com/PEwd8Ex.jpg i.imgur.com/Zbu2eoO.jpg

Droz vs. Test

i.imgur.com/8Fz3vYz.jpg i.imgur.com/Rwoo4hJ.jpg

Al Snow vs. “Marvelous” Marc Mero

i.imgur.com/7u3LA44.jpg i.imgur.com/vUsAaKN.jpg i.imgur.com/NXddb6e.jpg

Tag Team Triple Threat Match – The Headbangers vs. Southern Justice vs. the WWF Tag Team Champion New Age Outlaws

i.imgur.com/IdPdKYE.jpg i.imgur.com/hLML5OB.jpg

Hardcore Title Match – Challenger “The Strongest Man in the World” Mark Henry vs. Champion The Big Boss Man

i.imgur.com/CmvKScs.jpg i.imgur.com/hC7wIJX.jpg

Vader vs. “The Phenom” Undertaker

i.imgur.com/VDBxPXa.jpg i.imgur.com/SikZCFW.jpg

The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

i.imgur.com/Zvi9IEp.jpg

c1.staticflickr.com/5/4452/37627100252_6b8484ba02_m.jpg

GV
WWF Monday Night RAW Results (Attitude Era Late 90's)

i.imgur.com/UWrCpFt.jpg

Mellon Arena, Pittsburgh, PA

i.imgur.com/J7tsSxp.jpg

Commentators: Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler

Ring Announcer: Lilian Garcia

Referees: Jack Doan, Jim Korderas, Mike Chioda, Teddy Long & Mike Sparks

*Opening Pyrotechnics*

Backstage Segment – Mr. McMahon’s Office

The camera follows Senior Official Earl Hebner as he enter’s McMahon’s office. Vince’s cronies Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco are there along with Commissioner Sergeant Slaughter and Stephanie McMahon. Vince has a sour look on his face. We soon discover the gist of the meeting. Stephanie wants to be the Guest Referee for tonight’s opening bout pitting her ex-boyfriend Test against Droz. Vince’s daughter seems to have a vendetta against Trish Stratus ever since the diva newcomer stole Test away from her to form T&A with Albert. Stephanie has complained over and over about the cheating in T&A’s matches. “What do you know about officiating?” the Boss grumbles to his daughter. “I know enough,” Stephanie answers, “I’ve been around the business my whole life.” Vince paces behind his desk for a few minutes and finally acquiesces. “Alright, but on one condition - You’ve got to keep your personal feelings out of it and call the match right down the middle.” Stephanie agrees to be professional and unbiased. Vince still looks hesitant, but tells Hebner to get her a referee’s shirt and give her a few pointers on officiating. “The things I do for my daughter,” he mumbles as the segment ends.

Match 1

Droz vs. Test (w/ Albert & Trish Stratus)

i.imgur.com/Mdrme8C.jpg

Special Guest Referee: Stephanie McMahon

Droz seemed very happy to have Stephanie as the referee for the contest, but found himself behind before the match even began. Trish cut a scathing rant on Stephanie before the opening bell rang and labeled her as “incompetent in more ways than one”. Trish added that her officiating would have “no impact” on the bout and promised that Test would win the contest regardless of who the referee was. Her promo boosted Test’s total by 150 points. Neither man capitalized by rolling on the Technical Modifiers to finalize the pre-match adjustments. True to her word, Stephanie showed no favoritism in her officiating, however her complete disdain of Trish Stratus would manifest itself in the outcome of the bout. Stephanie allowed herself to be drawn into a confrontation with the cagey Trish enabling Albert to sneak into the ring and deliver his Baldo Bomb (Choke Bomb ) finisher onto Droz. Test immediately followed up with an Elbow Drop from the top rope. When Stephanie finally returned her focus to the match, she found Test making the cover and reluctantly counted the pin at 7:38. Having taken full advantage of the novice ref, Trish pranced back up the aisle with Test and Albert and looked back at Stephanie with a smug smile upon her face.

Match 2

Al Snow of The J.O.B. Squad (w/ Head) vs. “Marvelous” Marc Mero (w/ WWF Ladies Champion Ivory)

Well, this certainly is a revolting development. Ivory, who was a babyface in her quest to become the Ladies Champion, has since turned heel and replaced Jacqueline as “Marvelous” Marc Mero’s valet. Perhaps she felt obligated to given the fact that Mero practically gave her the title at WrestleMania by delivering a TKO to Sable. Whatever the case, Mero & Ivory drew some serious heat from the crowd during their ring entrance this evening with Marvelous Marc raking in 100 bonus points as a result. Mero tacked on an additional 25 points for rolling on his Cheating Modifier and was the heavy favorite to win this match. Ivory did her job by distracting Referee Jack Doan just long enough for Mero to clobber Snow from behind with “Head”. The Marvelous One finished Al off with the TKO (Fireman's Carry Cutter) to score the pinfall at 5:25. Mero’s post-match victory interview with Jim Ross was subsequently interrupted by Snow who demanded a rematch on next week’s RAW – make that a “Head” on a Pole Match! Mero accepted the challenge.

Backstage Segment – “Three’s A Crowd”

Kevin Kelly was interviewing the former WWF Tag Team Champion Headbangers regarding their upcoming non-title Triple Threat Tag Team Match against the current champs, the New Age Outlaws and Southern Justice. Mosh and Thrasher called the Outlaws “cowards” and criticized them for not putting their belts on the line tonight. Billy Gunn and Road Dogg then walked onto the set to confront them. Moments later. Southern Justice jumped the Outlaws from behind and singled out the Dogg in particular just as they had done on the last edition of Smackdown. A six man free-for-all ensued with several wrestlers and officials running in to restore order. When the smoke cleared, Road Dogg was left clutching his knee and had to be helped away by Billy Gunn.

Match 3

i.imgur.com/7u3LA44.jpg i.imgur.com/vUsAaKN.jpg i.imgur.com/NXddb6e.jpg

Tag Team Triple Threat Match – The Headbangers (Mosh & Thrasher) vs. Southern Justice (Dennis Knight & Mark Canterbury w/ Tennessee Lee) vs. the WWF Tag Team Champion New Age Outlaws of D-Generation X (Road Dogg Jesse James & “Badd Ass” Billy Gunn) in a non-title match.

As a result of Road Dogg’s injury, the Outlaws were unable to compete. The Triple Threat Match thus became a standard tag team contest between The Headbangers and Southern Justice. Jim Ross surmised that the winner of the match would be ranked as the number one contenders for the tag team championship. Both team’s lost points in the calculations. 50 points were deducted from the Headbangers for having their pre-match interview ruined, while Southern Justice had 100 points taken off their total because of a botched double-team maneuver. It would be Tennessee Lee’s interference that would ultimately determine the winner. The manager for Southern Justice snuck into the ring and reversed Mosh’s cradle on Dennis Knight while Referee Jim Korderas was busy sending Canterbury and Thrasher to their respective corners. Oblivious to Lee’s shenanigans, Korderas turned around to find Knight on top of Mosh and counted the pin. Your winner at 8:27 – Southern Justice. Canterbury and Knight immediately demanded a title match against the New Age Outlaws during a post-match interview with Jim Ross.

Match 4

i.imgur.com/tOW1E9V.jpg i.imgur.com/Z6P9d6l.jpg

Bradshaw (w/ Faarooq) vs. Chainz of The Disciples of the Apocalypse (w/ “Precious” Paul Ellering)

Although they have not officially declared themselves a “team” as of yet, the fans roared when Faarooq and Bradshaw came down the aisle together. Both men have had each other’s backs during singles competition, and tonight appears to be no exception. Bradshaw picked up 100 points for the loud reception, and parlayed the bonus into a victory when he laid out Chainz with his Clothesline from Hell to score the 1-2-3 at 5:26. After the bell, Jerry Lawler gave us an update on Road Dogg’s condition. The King called the injury “serious” and said that the Dogg may be out of action for an extended period of time. He and Jim Ross then speculated as to whether or not the New Age Outlaws would be stripped of their tag team titles if they were unable to defend them.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/IdPdKYE.jpg i.imgur.com/hLML5OB.jpg

Hardcore Title Match – Challenger “The Strongest Man in the World” Mark Henry of The Nation of Domination (w/ D-Lo Brown) vs. Champion The Big Boss Man (w/ The Big Show)

Big Trouble (The Big Show & The Big Boss Man) and The Nation of Domination have been engaged in a bitter feud ever since WrestleMania. D’Lo Brown was put out of action due to injuries sustained at the hands of Big Trouble at the Pay-Per-View. Although he is not known for being a “hardcore” competitor per se, Mark Henry has taken it upon himself to exact revenge on the Big Show and Big Boss Man whenever and wherever possible. Although Henry took a great deal of pleasure in inflicting damage on the Boss Man with various objects throughout this match, he came up short in unseating him as the Hardcore Champion. The Boss Man drove Henry through a table with his trademark Sidewalk Slam and pinned him among the shards and splinters to retain the title at 13:08.

Match 6

i.imgur.com/CmvKScs.jpg i.imgur.com/hC7wIJX.jpg

Vader vs. “The Phenom” Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer)

While Vader can arguably match up with the Dead Man size-wise, it is there where the comparison between the two competitors effectively ends. The ‘Taker, who was playing the heel, actually lost points for being cheered by the fans, but easily overcame the deduction with a dominant performance. This was vintage Undertaker, folks, and yes, the Dead Man drew his supernatural strength from the mysterious urn that Paul Bearer held aloft ! We had the “Old School” Arm Twist Rope Walk & Leaping Forearm Smash, a huge Running Big Boot to the mush off the ropes and a brutal corner beat down of Uppercuts and Body Blows followed by the Throat Thrust. In a bit of a surprise, The ‘Taker finished off Vader with a Chokeslam rather than his customary Tombstone Piledriver. The time of the match was 6:30.

Match 7

i.imgur.com/VDBxPXa.jpg i.imgur.com/SikZCFW.jpg

The Artist Formerly Known As Goldust (w/ Luna Vachon) vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley of D-Generation X (w/ “The 9th Wonder of the World” Chyna) in the Main Event

Ah, there’s no telling when the “McMahon Factor” will come into play ! Lilian Garcia had just finished her match introductions when McMahon’s “No chance in hell” theme music blared over the PA system. The Boss then emerged on the ramp with Pat Patterson, Gerald Brisco and a microphone and explained that he wanted to give this contest “a little more juice”. McMahon went on to declare that the winner of tonight’s Main Event would face The Rock for the Intercontinental Championship at the upcoming Backlash Pay-Per-View. You could almost see the wheels of treachery turning in Helmsley’s mind after the announcement from the Boss. Now onto the results. Chyna, as always, was a major factor in the outcome. She took 50 points off Goldust’s total by tripping him at one point during the action, and then cost him the match, by, of all things, tossing him some brass knucks. Goldust caught the weapon by pure reflex. Helmsley then went down like a ton of bricks with Chyna quickly pointing out the knucks in Goldust’s hand to Referee Jack Doan. Doan, trying to rationalize the situation and connect the dots, assumed that Triple H was KO’d by a loaded punch and immediately called for the bell despite Goldust and Luna’s protests to the contrary. Your winner by disqualification at 13:39 – Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Playing the farce out perfectly, Chyna ran into the ring to check on Helmsley’s condition and slapped him a couple of times across the face to “revive” him from the phantom punch. She then slung his arm around her shoulder and helped him to the back, but not without cameras once again picking up the evil, mischievous grin on Helmsley’s kisser that we also saw at the conclusion of WrestleMania when Triple H cost Shawn Michaels his match against Owen Hart.

GV
WCW Thunder Results (Late 90's)

i.imgur.com/JYqyJMu.jpg

Independence Arena, Charlotte, NC

Commentators: Tony Schiavone, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan & Lee Marshall

Referees: Mickie Jay, Mark "Slick" Johnson, Billy Silverman, Randy Anderson & "Shooter" Mark Curtis

And we’re live from Ric Flair country - Charlotte, NC ! “Woooooooooo !” Sprach Zarathustra Space Odyssey music brings out that stylin’, profilin’, limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin’ and dealin’ son of a gun “Nature Boy” Ric Flair himself to a huge pop ! The crowd cheers even louder when the Nature Boy holds up the Four Horsemen fingers and announces that not only is he wrestling tonight – but that he’ll be facing Bret “The Hit Man” Hart in tonight’s Main Event ! The fans are still buzzing when Flair is suddenly interrupted by Curt Hennig.

Ric Flair: “Let me remind you of something, Hennig. You’re not in Minneapolis any more, and you’re sure as hell not in Connecticut either ! You’re in my house, pal, and when you’re in my house, you mind your manners and zip it when Ric Flair is talking !”

Hennig and Flair jaw some more. Rather than leave the ring altogether, the Nature Boy then joins the announcers’ table to lend guest commentary for tonight’s opening contest.

Match 1

i.imgur.com/gccUVqz.jpg i.imgur.com/JX94VIo.jpg

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Curt Hennig of The West Texas Rednecks (w/ Barry Windham)

Flair’s presence at ringside proved to be a major distraction for Curt Hennig. Bam Bam capitalized on the situation and grabbed the early jump in the bout to cost Hennig 100 points. Bigelow gave 50 back, however, by rolling on his Speed (or lack there of) Modifier. Hennig rebounded and scored the winning pinfall with his Hennig-Plex (Fisherman’s Suplex aka Perfect-Plex in the WWF) finisher at 6:12. After the bell, Windham rushed into the ring and joined Hennig in a double team beat down on Bigelow. Flair immediately ran in with a folding chair to clear the ring of the heels.

Match 2

i.imgur.com/4OVKbAm.jpg i.imgur.com/JIYnmM4.jpg

Lenny Lane vs. “Barely Legal” Barry Darsow (w/ John Nord)

Darsow got off to a slow start which drew the ire of WCW President Eric Bischoff. Easy E came out on the ramp with a microphone and berated Darsow for “dogging it”. Bischoff added that he had “20 guys waiting in the wings who wanted his spot on the roster” and warned Darsow to “get his head in the game or else”. Well, the President’s pep talk/tongue lashing did the trick and fired up Darsow. Apparently Bishoff’s tirade also inspired John Nord who interfered often. So much so that he single-handedly inflicted 200 points worth of damage to Lane. Darsow finished things off with his Barely Legal Wristlock Submission Hold at 3:13. Darsow continued to apply the hold after the bell and was nearly disqualified by Referee Mark Johnson. Perhaps it was his way of telling Bischoff that his head was back in the game.

Match 3

i.imgur.com/a2kq1yz.jpg i.imgur.com/SZtQa7Q.jpg i.imgur.com/eJFSHKc.jpg i.imgur.com/i5LJvjM.jpg

Tag Team Match – “The Belfast Bruiser” David “Fit” Finlay and “Nasty Boy” Brian Knobbs vs. The Faces of Fear (The Barbarian & Meng w/ Manager Jimmy Hart)

This match is a result of some bad blood that flared during a contest between Finlay and Meng on an edition of the WCW Saturday Night program. The Faces of Fear did a number on Finlay after The Belfast Bruiser tapped out to Meng’s Tongan Death Grip. Knobbs, who has been flying solo ever since his Nasty Boys tag team partner Jerry Saggs was injured, raced in to make the save for Fit. Perhaps it was the grudge match aspect that influenced President Eric Bischoff to change the stipulations at the last minute to that of a Tornado Tag Team Match in which all four men are in the ring at the same time. Both teams were able to add 50 points to their totals after rolls on their respective Modifiers – Knobbs & Finlay rolled “Savvy” while The Faces of Fear rolled “Strength”. In the end, it was the Barbarian’s Kick of Fear to Finlay’s mush that decided the contest. Your winners at 5:11 – The Faces of Fear.

Match 4

i.imgur.com/8jvA1Wq.jpg i.imgur.com/m7uimra.jpg

Billy Kidman (w/ Valet Torrie Wilson) vs “Squire” David Taylor

The crowd popped big time for Billy Kidman during his entrance. Whether it was due to Kidman’s popularity, or the skimpy outfit that Torrie Wilson was wearing, is unclear. Whatever the case, Kidman added 100 bonus points to his score. Things went downhill, however, when “Candyman” Brad Armstrong made his way down to ringside to scout the match. Armstrong has had an attitude adjustment as of late and turned heel. It didn’t take long for he and Kidman to get into a heated confrontation on the floor. The skirmish caused Kidman to be counted out by Referee Randy Anderson at 6:59 to give Taylor the victory.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/zd7MzWr.jpg i.imgur.com/c5zar7f.jpg

Norman Smiley vs. “Candyman” Brad Armstrong (w/ Alice Cooper “No More Mr. Nice Guy” entrance music)

The events from the preceding match obviously didn’t sit well with Billy Kidman who interrupted Armstrong’s backstage promo with “Mean” Gene Okerlund prior to this bout. Armstrong lost 50 points as a result. It was the first indication that there was a bad moon risin’ for the Candyman tonight. Ernest “The Cat” Miller came down to the ring mid match to presumably lend Armstrong a hand. Apparently, the Candyman didn’t get the memo. The two were at odds from the onset and bickered constantly. Fed up with the delay, Smiley drop kicked Armstrong into The Cat who was up on the apron. The Candyman collided with Miller and staggered backward into a School Boy Roll Up to give Smiley the pin at 6:59.

Match 6

i.imgur.com/j673Z6s.jpg i.imgur.com/62OGUBw.jpg

United States Champion Diamond Dallas Page vs. Scott Hall of the n.W.o. in a Non-Title Match

Hall, who is one half of the WCW Tag Team Champion Outsiders with “Big Sexy” Kevin Nash, did his toothpick flick and “Hey Yo” survey to earn 150 points from the fans. He also received an additional 25 points for rolling on his Size Modifier. Despite the boosts to his score, Hall still came up short in the end. DDP scored the pinfall with his Diamond Cutter at 7:41. After the bell, Hall clobbered Page with the United States Championship Belt and was in the process of hoisting him up onto his shoulders to deliver the Outsiders Edge when Bret “The Hit Man” Hart ran in to make the save. Scott Hall’s parting shot before disappearing behind the curtain was to announce that even in defeat, the n.W.o. is “Too Sweet !”

Match 7

i.imgur.com/pj9ANMQ.jpg i.imgur.com/aL0t55W.jpg

Bret “The Hit Man” Hart vs. “Nature Boy” Ric Flair of The Four Horsemen in the Main Event

The complexion of this match changed in a hurry when Curt Hennig, with whom Flair had words with at the start of the show, came down the aisle and milled about ringside during the action. Hennig’s presence cost the Nature Boy 100 points. Flair was able to offset the deficit somewhat by earning 75 points from a roll on his Technical Modifier, but could not overcome a cowbell shot to the forehead from Hennig while Referee Mark Johnson was admonishing Bret Hart. Obivious to Hennig’s treachery, the Hit Man pounced on the KO’d Flair to scoring the pin at 12:45. Scott Hall then snuck into the ring and laid out Hart with the Outsider’s Edge just as the program was ending.
Edited by GV on 10/05/2019

GV
Hi Everyone ! Those of you who have purchased the Monday Night Wars set may have noticed that there is no wrestler card for Christian, so I created one for myself. Feel free to use it if you wish and modify the ratings to your liking Smile

George

i.imgur.com/NqSf2oy.jpg

GV
i.imgur.com/NqDUE4N.jpg

GV

i.imgur.com/UWrCpFt.jpg

Rosemont Horizon, Chicago, IL

i.imgur.com/J7tsSxp.jpg

Referees: Chad Patton, Teddy Long, Tim White, Earl Hebner & Jack Doan

*Opening Pyrotechnics*

Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler welcome us to the Rosemont Horizon and hype the show. They emphasize the returns of both Shawn Michaels and D’Lo Brown as well as the peculiar “Strange Bedfellows” Tag Team Main Event pitting WWF Champion “Stone Cold” Steve Austin & Dude Love against Mr. McMahon and a Mystery Partner.

Match 1

i.imgur.com/0IGdzjq.jpg i.imgur.com/hAdyeDK.jpg

Tag Team Match - L.O.D. 2000 (Animal & Hawk w/ Sunny) vs. Too Cool (Grandmaster Sexay & Scotty 2 Hotty)

Talk about a contrast in styles ! Too Cool, the WWF’s answer to the Backstreet Boys & N Sync boy band craze of the late 90’s, will pit their speed and agility against the brawn and muscle of L.O.D. 2000. I know that Sunny is suppose to be eye candy here, but L.O.D. just doesn’t seem the same to me without “Precious” Paul Ellering in their corner. Anyhooo, Scotty and the Grandmaster endeared themselves to the young ladies in attendance with their dancing and hip hop jargon and were rewarded with 100 bonus points. They also boosted their score by an additional 25 points by rolling on their Cheating Modifier. Veterans of the mat wars, L.O.D. responded by rolling on their Tag Team Bonus Modifier to earn 150 points of their own. When the scores were finally tallied, Sunny’s team emerged as heavy favorites to win and did not disappoint. Scotty fell victim to the Doomsday Device (Animal Electric Chair Lift & Hawk Flying Clothesline from the top rope) and was pinned by Animal at 7:31 to give L.O.D. the victory.

In Ring Segment – “The Sheriff Is Back In Town”

Shawn Michaels comes out to his old HBK theme rather than the DX music that we’ve grown accustomed to and makes his way down the aisle in a snappy suit and tie. Lilian Garcia hands him a mic and away we go!

Michaels: “After WrestleMania, some people said that Shawn Michaels took his ball and went home, but here I stand before you tonight, larger than life, front and center. (HBK peers around the area) And, by the way, this sure doesn’t look like San Antonio to me! (The fans cheer!) Since I brought it up, let’s talk about WrestleMania. Some mistakes were made, and I own up to mine. Hunter says that I cost him his match, and I say that he cost me mine, so, as far as I’m concerned, we’re even. It’s done and over with. I’ve put it behind me, and he hasn’t ……”

DX music plays and out comes Hunter Hearst Helmsley with Chyna. Triple H camps out at the top of the ramp and smirks while Chyna stands behind him stone-faced.

Michaels: “Hunter seems to think that I want to hold him down, but the truth is, I hope that he wins the title … I really do …. so then I can beat him for it (Another loud cheer from the fans !). Helmsley points a finger at Michaels and mutters something, but since he doesn’t have a mic we can’t hear it. He’s not smirking any more.

Michaels: “Sooooooo … I guess we all know who Chyna is backing, but where does the rest of DX’s loyalties lie?

The New Age Outlaws come out next. Road Dogg is hobbling on crutches due to the knee injury that he sustained from Southern Justice. He and Billy Gunn look at Michaels in the ring and then stand beside Helmsley, as does X-Pac who now comes out and joins them. Triple H is smirking again.

Michaels: “I see that Hunter has been in your ear, and we all know that the only thing bigger than Hunter’s mouth is his nose.”

The camera cuts back to Triple H who seems to have been caught off guard by HBK’s remark and blows the spot by laughing. X-Pac turns around on the ramp to head toward the back with Road Dogg when Michaels calls out to him.

Michaels: “Hey Kid ! Where do you think you’re going, Kid ?”

Michaels is ribbing Sean Waltman by referring to his old 1-2-3 Kid WWF persona from several years ago. Professional wrestling lives in the present where the Ghosts of Gimmicks Past do not abide, so HBK is pulling a major no-no here. X-Pac looks around in confusion as if he missed his cue or something. Helmsley gives him a “Don’t look at me!” glance, shakes his head and laughs. Apparently the segment was suppose to be a vehicle for Michaels to part ways with D-Generation X, but he’s taken it in a whole different direction.

Michaels looks at his watch: “Hey Rockabilly (Billy Gunn), tell the Doobie Brothers up there that it ain’t 4:20 yet. Stick around boys, Shawn Michaels still has the floor.”

Road Dogg shouts back, “It’s 4:20 somewhere!”

Michaels nods and smiles, “You got me there, Double J.”

The skit has completely gone off the rails here. HBK has thrown the script out the window and is just adlibbing with inside jokes.

Michaels: “I came up with the name D-Generation X. Actually, I wanted to call the group Double D-Generation X for Chyna, but those boobs in the censor booth wouldn’t let me.”

Lawler: “Puppies!”

No one knows what to do, or what Michaels is going to say next. Even Chyna is smiling.

Uh oh. Mr. McMahon comes out and marches down to the ring with a scowl on his face. He doesn’t look one bit happy as he glares at HBK.

i.imgur.com/34MQYtC.jpg

Michaels: “Do you want your show back, Vince? Alright, alright, I’ll wrap it up. In closing, I’ll let the rest of you borrow the DX name, the music, the crotch chops and all that good stuff. Take it out for a test drive and kick the tires, okay? But when you’re done, I want it back because everyone knows that it ain’t D-Generation X without Shawn Michaels!” (The crowd cheers as the segment finally draws to an end.)

Me thinks Shawn is going to get an earful from Mr. McMahon once they return backstage.

Match 2

i.imgur.com/yytExDo.jpg i.imgur.com/Baj2R3C.jpg

Bob “Hardcore” Holly (w/ Crash Holly & Molly Holly) vs. Edge of the Brood (w/ Christian & “The Vampire Warrior” Grangrel)

True to his nickname, Bob Holly has been competing in the Hardcore Division as of late, but failed in his first attempt to unseat the Big Boss Man as the champion. During a spirited in-ring promo, Holly vowed to “bring home the gold” if he received another shot at the title. The fans rewarded him with 100 bonus points which enabled him to pin Edge with his Falcon Arrow (Sitout Suplex Slam) for the victory at 4:39.

Backstage Segment – “What Does Everyone Want?”

Kevin Kelly was conducting an interview with Al Snow backstage regarding Al’s upcoming “Head” on a Pole Match against “Marvelous” Marc Mero when Trish Stratus suddenly interrupted them. Trish said that she saw some potential in Snow and offered to be in his corner tonight if he would dissolve his J.O.B. Squad “band of losers”. Al conferred with his mannequin head over the proposal. He then looked up at Stratus, and then back to “Head”. “She looks like you!” Al whispered into the mannequin’s ear, “But she’s not nearly as pretty!” Trish did not care for that snub one bit and let Snow know it with a stinging slap across the face before storming off the set. Al just shrugged it off and “headed” for ringside.

Match 3

“Head” on a Pole Match - Al Snow of The J.O.B. Squad vs. “Marvelous” Marc Mero (w/ WWF Ladies Champion Ivory)

Ladder Modifiers come into play during Item on a Pole Matches with both competitors picking up 25 points in that regard, but Trish Stratus would have a much bigger impact on the ultimate outcome of the contest. Not only did Trish cost Snow 50 points for ruining his pre-match interview, she also pushed him off the top turnbuckle just as he was about to retrieve “Head” from the pole in the corner. As a result, Mero got to the loaded mannequin head first and clobbered Al with a leaping smash from the top rope to score the pinfall at 11:43.

Match 4

i.imgur.com/68AY12t.jpg i.imgur.com/95GLAeZ.jpg

X-Pac of D-Generation X (w/ “The 9th Wonder of the World” Chyna) vs. Tiger Ali Singh (w/ Man Servant Babu)

Singh, a rich playboy from India, has revived the old Million Dollar Man gimmick of having people, particularly Americans, degrade themselves for money. Tonight, he invited a woman into the ring and offered her $500 to kiss Babu’s bare feet. After she kept her part of the bargain, he then made her crawl across the ring and pick up her earnings up off the mat. The fans were more than happy to see Singh catch a low blow from behind by Chyna to set up X-Pac’s X-Factor (Sitout Face Buster) and gain the three count at 6:42.

Backstage Segment – Mr. McMahon’s Office - “Strange Bedfellows”

We join a meeting in progress between Mr. McMahon and his cronies Gerald Brisco and Pat Patterson regarding tonight’s Main Event Tag Team Match. Patterson & Brisco know who the Mystery Partner is and are emphatically trying to talk the Boss out of it. “I don’t like this, Vince, I don’t trust him!” Patterson sternly warns. “That’s what Strange Bedfellows is all about,” McMahon explains, “It’s having a partner that you can’t trust and finding a way to somehow work together to defeat your opponents. You know that there’s nothing I want more than to pin that bald S.O.B. Austin in the ring on national TV in front of all of his fans! Well, I think that this guy is my best bet to make it happen.” Patterson is still apprehensive, but reluctantly goes along with it. He knows that it’s nearly impossible to talk McMahon out of something once his mind is made up.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/0xvONyj.jpg i.imgur.com/ELLjlWY.jpg

“Lethal Weapon” Steve Blackman (w/ Glow-in-the-Dark Escrima Fighting Sticks Entrance) vs. Dan “The Beast” Severn (w/ “Beauty” Terri Runnels)

Mr. McMahon raised the stakes of this contest before it even began by announcing that the winner would receive a European Title Match against reigning champion Jeff Jarrett on the next edition of RAW. The announcement seemed to catch everyone by surprise, especially the afore-mentioned Jarrett who immediately came down to ringside to watch the match and scout his potential challengers. Severn, a mixed martial artist from the UFC, has a plethora of submission holds in his repertoire and employed a grueling Arm Bar with Head Trap to defeat Blackman and earn the title shot against Jarrett. The time of the match was 6:14.

Match 6

i.imgur.com/H1klfZu.jpg i.imgur.com/dET0xlO.jpg

The Godfather (w/ “Ho” Train) vs. D’Lo Brown of The Nation of Domination (w/ “The Strongest Man in the World” Mark Henry)

Having Suffered bruised ribs at the hands of Big Trouble (The Big Show & Big Boss Man) during WrestleMania, D’Lo Brown returned to action this evening sporting a padded chest protector to face his former Nation of Domination stablemate The Godfather (then known as Kama Mustafa). The Godfather is wildly popular with the fans and earned 100 bonus points for dancing in the ring with his entourage of “Hos” prior to Lilian Garcia’s match introductions. Brown’s chances were further hampered when Big Trouble came down to ringside for a looksee. McMahon’s henchmen immediately got into a confrontation with Mark Henry on the floor which immediately drew the attention of D’Lo. The distraction led to the Godfather hitting his Pimp Drop (DVD) finisher to score the pinfall at 7:57.

Match 7

i.imgur.com/ryUCwWI.jpg i.imgur.com/ACxZ0di.jpg i.imgur.com/5T9a5CA.jpg

“Strange Bedfellows” Tag Team Match – WWF Champion “Stone Cold” Steve Austin & Dude Love vs. Mr. McMahon & Mystery Partner in the Main Event

The picture of Austin and Dude Love tells you all that you need to know about what the Texas Rattlesnake thinks of his tag team partner. All four men made separate entrances with McMahon’s mystery partner coming out last. The riddle was solved when HBK’s music began playing and brought Shawn Michaels down to the ring in his wrestling gear.

i.imgur.com/i7UydIZ.jpg

Jim Ross marveled over the odd pairings. “How can Austin possibly trust Dude Love when he has to defend the WWF Championship against Mick Foley’s alter ego Mankind at the Backlash P.P.V. ? And as for the so-called “team” of McMahon & HBK, the only man that the Boss hates more than Steve Austin in this company is Shawn Michaels!” Well, Austin may not like his partner, but the fans sure do ! The combo of the Rattlesnake and Dude Love received 125 bonus points worth of support from the crowd. On the other side of the ring, Michaels didn’t exactly win McMahon’s favor with his shenanigans earlier in the program, nor when he accidentally (?) leveled the Boss with a Flying Forearm to the chops during the action to cost his team 100 points. And what did HBK think of his miscue ? Michaels looked into the camera, beamed a big smile, and uttered a mock “Whoops!” The match ended as the fans had hoped it would with McMahon on the receiving end of the Stone Cold Stunner and pinned by the Rattlesnake at 10:22. Big Trouble then rushed the ring to put a beat down on Dude Love and Austin but were intercepted by Mark Henry and D’Lo Brown of the Nation of Domination. In the midst of all the mayhem, the devious McMahon tried to sneak out of the ring but was laid out by Shawn Michaels’ Sweet Chin Music before he could escape much to the delight of the fans .
Edited by GV on 10/16/2019

StevenW
Thanks for the Christian card George. He does seem to be the main one missing in the set, but I suppose he did only come in towards the end of '98.

Do you design all your cards like that or is that just a one off for the missing one?

GV
My pleasure, Steven ! All my cards are in this format. I used the data from the UQ Monday Night Wars set, tweaked the ratings here and there, and added pics and some detail to dress them up a little bit. Smile

George

GV
i.imgur.com/3XvXfaF.png

GV

i.imgur.com/UWrCpFt.jpg

Providence Civic Center, Providence, RI

i.imgur.com/J7tsSxp.jpg

i.imgur.com/DjmyYas.jpg

Referees: Jack Doan, Earl Hebner, Mike Chioda, Mike Sparks & Tim White

*Opening Pyrotechnics*

Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler welcome us to the program and immediately plug the upcoming Backlash Pay-Per-View. They then tease this evening’s big wedding announcement before divulging tonight’s lineup of matches including the European Title Match between Dan Severn and Jeff Jarrett, Goldust taking on Owen Hart, and Hunter Hearst Helmsley facing Kane in the Main Event.

Backstage Segment – “Evil !”

Kaientai cut another comical interview beforehand in which their voices were over-dubbed into English. The discussion made absolutely no sense whatsoever. At one point, all three members stopped talking, but their dubbed voices continued speaking. Sho Funaki was startled by the phenomenon and covered his mouth. Togo and Teioh cautiously peered around, but could not find the source of the phantom voices. The frightened Funaki then muttered the word, “Evil!” Devious laughter was heard next causing Kaientai to flee the set in terror.

i.imgur.com/Qrb9nqd.jpg

Match 1

i.imgur.com/NmeETKb.jpg i.imgur.com/I21JCqW.jpg

Six Man Tag Team Match - Kaientai (Men’s Teioh, Dick Togo & Sho Funaki w/ Manager Yamaguchi-San) vs. Los Boricuas (Jose Estrada Jr., Jesus Castillo & Miguel Perez Jr. w/ Savio Vega)

The fans loved Kaientai’s promo and rewarded the trio with 75 bonus points to help make them the favorites to take tonight’s opening contest. Savio Vega tried to offset the deficit in points by interfering often on his stablemates behalf. Fed up with the cheating, Yamaguchi-San attempted to throw a handful of ceremonial salt into Vega’s eyes, but ended up getting Referee Jack Doan with it instead when Savio ducked at the last instant. The blinded official immediately called for the bell and was attended to by the ringside physician. Your winners by DQ at 7:31 – Los Boricuas.

Match 2

i.imgur.com/QJN9KoM.jpg i.imgur.com/CmvKScs.jpg

Table Match – Chainsaw Charlie vs. Vader

Stipulations – There are no pinfalls, count outs, disqualifications or submissions. The match is simply won by being the first competitor to send your opponent through a table.

Charlie (Middle-Aged Crazy Terry Funk) made a big entrance with his chainsaw blaring to earn 100 points from the fans. He needed them after the Table Modifier adjustments were made to the respective scores. Vader held a big edge in that regard, receiving 75 points as compared to Charlie’s 25. Despite being the underdog, things looked good for Chainsaw when he tabled his foe and went up top for a Moonsault attempt. Alas, Charlie essentially beat himself by crashing through the table with his own Moonsault after Vader was able to roll off it in the nick of time before impact. Your winner at 12:22 – Vader.

Backstage Segment – Mr. McMahon’s Office “The Ultimatum”

The New Age Outlaws have been summoned to Mr. McMahon’s office. The Boss is busy assembling the card for his Backlash Pay-Per-View and informs the Outlaws that they will be defending their Tag Team Championship belts against Southern Justice. Road Dogg, who is still on crutches due to a knee injury sustained during an attack by the challengers, offers to have X-Pac take his place in the event that he is still unable to wrestle. McMahon puts the kibosh to that idea quickly with an emphatic “NO!” The Boss explains that The New Age Outlaws are the champions, not D-Generation X, thereby negating X-Pac as a possible replacement. McMahon had made a legit point here. He then gives Road Dogg an ultimatum - “The way I see it, Mr. Dogg, you have three choices : You either wrestle… injured or not … forfeit, or force Billy Gunn to single-handedly defend the tag team belts in a Handicap Match. It’s up to you.” Road Dogg stares back at McMahon defiantly, points a thumb at himself and says, “I’ll be there ! Book the match !”

Match 3

i.imgur.com/qm7bLRO.jpg i.imgur.com/7H1SM3O.jpg i.imgur.com/7dE0K1Y.jpg i.imgur.com/C86PaX0.jpg

Mixed Tag Team Match – Molly Holly & Crash Holly vs. Lita & Essa Rios

The McMahon Factor strikes again! Lilian Garcia had just completed her match introductions when “No chance in hell” theme music boomed over the PA system. Perhaps displeased with the disqualification results of tonight’s first match, the Boss informed Referee Mike Chioda that there would be no such DQs in this contest. That being said, neither team took advantage of the liberties afforded to them by Mr. McMahon and wrestled a clean match. Essa & Lita got a fortuitous roll on their Speed Modifier and rode those additional 75 points to victory. Rios pinned Crash with a Hurricanrana from the top rope to seal the win at 9:48.

In Ring Segment – “Wedding Bells”

It’s time for the big announcement ! Mendelssohn’s Wedding March brings the fans to their feet and …. Val Venis escorting his valet Ryan Shamrock down the aisle??

i.imgur.com/ssPe2uQ.jpg

Val takes the mic and says, “Allow me to introduce you to the future Mrs. Venis ….. my fiancé Ryan Shamrock! He then points our attention to the Titantron where we are privy to watch footage of the actual engagement. The Big Valbowski doesn’t exactly strike me as the kind of guy who’s ready to settle down and commitment himself to a single lady, but, so help me, Val got down on one knee in the video, produced a ring, and proposed matrimony to Ryan Shamrock to which she gleefully accepted without hesitation. The vignette ends with Val slipping the ring on Ryan’s finger and the couple embracing with a long and passionate kiss amidst cheers, jeers and lecherous whistles from the crowd as they watched it all play out on the big screen. There have always been rumours and speculation in the locker room that the relationship between these two was more than your typical wrestler/valet arrangement, but who expected it to come to this?

We’re back in the ring now and Ryan shows off her engagement ring for the cameraman. Val continues on the mic, “I’d just like to add one more thing… Ken (Shamrock, Ryan’s big brother), I wish that you could have been here with us tonight to share this moment ….”

(Venis is getting a little emotional here, as is Ryan who is wiping a tear away from her cheek )

“…. because if you were, I would be asking you in person to be my Best Man, and so I’m asking you now. I know that you and I have never gotten along, but I hope that will all change now because we’re going to be family.” Ryan and Val hug once more and walk back up the aisle hand-in-hand once again to the Wedding March.

Well, perhaps it’s a good thing that Ken Shamrock wasn’t in the building because if he were, I think his reaction to the announcement that his kid sister was getting married to the former porn star would look something like this:

i.imgur.com/Vt0ZHgB.jpg

I didn’t think that it were possible for the Shamrock family to be more dysfunctional, but I stand corrected.

Match 4

i.imgur.com/15ldPK5.jpg i.imgur.com/Lv5pWim.jpg

Val Venis (w/ Fiance Ryan Shamrock) vs. “Badd Ass” Billy Gunn of D-Generation X (w/ Road Dogg Jesse James)

Apparently, Val’s engagement announcement didn’t sit well with the gals in attendance. Venis, who was playing the face in this bout, received a lukewarm reception from the ladies and lost 50 points as a result. Road Dogg added to Val’s woes by sneaking in a cheap shot with one of his crutches while Billy distracted Referee Mike Sparks. The Dogg’s crutch smash cost Venis 100 points in damage. Ryan earned her keep by stealing one of Road Dogg’s crutches away from him before he could strike again. The Dogg hobbled after her and chased Shamrock back to the dressing room leaving Billy and Venis to fend for themselves. The momentum of the bout swung in Val’s favor and he rebounded with his Money Shot Diving Splash from the top rope to gain the pin at 5:21. After the bell, Southern Justice (Dennis Knight & Mark Canterbury) rushed the ring and laid a clubberin’ on both Venis and Gunn.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/Dvp0q1W.jpg i.imgur.com/wliqerC.jpg i.imgur.com/tFhuHnr.jpg

Handicap Match – Scorpio & The Blue Meanie of The J.O.B. Squad (w/ Al Snow & “Head”) vs. The Big Show

Stipulations: Scorpio and the Meanie will function as a tag team with one man in the ring at a time.

Al Snow’s lovable band of losers received a hero’s welcome from the crowd who wanted nothing more than to see the hapless J.O.B. Squad somehow pull off a win against the monstrous Big Show. The Meanie and Scorpio (formerly Flash Funk) received 100 points for the fan support as well as an additional 50 for rolling on their Tag Team Bonus. Not to be outdone, Big Show received 125 points of his own for rolling on his Size Modifier. As fate would have, there would be no winner in the contest. The match ended up on the floor with Big Show holding his own as he battled against all three members of the J.O.B. Squad. Referee Tim White’s ten count went unanswered resulting in a Double Count Out at 6:24. The Big Show was not happy with the decision and took it out on Snow and company with a brutal post-match beat down. Mark Henry and D’Lo Brown of The Nation of Domination raced in from the back to make the save.

Backlash Pay-Per-View Promo

i.imgur.com/hg57LeQ.jpg

Signed for Backlash thus far :

i.imgur.com/vUsAaKN.jpg i.imgur.com/NXddb6e.jpg

Tag Team Championship Match – Challengers Southern Justice (Dennis Knight & Mark Canterbury) vs. the Champion New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg Jesse James & “Badd Ass” Billy Gunn) of D-Generation X

i.imgur.com/SikZCFW.jpg i.imgur.com/lgPQ4IH.jpg

Intercontinental Championship Match – Challenger Hunter Hearst Helmsley of D-Generation X vs. Champion The Rock of The Nation of Domination

i.imgur.com/ro4TeHt.jpg i.imgur.com/S6sz5Ld.jpg

WWF Championship Match – Challenger Mankind vs. Champion “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

Match 6

i.imgur.com/ELLjlWY.jpg i.imgur.com/nJSunhY.jpg

European Title Match – Challenger Dan “The Beast” Severn (w/ “Beauty” Terri Runnels) vs. Champion Jeff Jarrett (w/ Manager Tennessee Lee)

Severn earned this match by defeating “Lethal Weapon” Steve Blackman on the last edition of RAW. Man, the fans love to hate Jeff Jarrett. The European Champ drew some serious heat in Providence with his Country & Western music and Fargo Strut. The raucous reception tacked 125 points onto his total. The crowd probably hated him even more after Jarrett connected with an El Kabong guitar smash over his challenger’s noggin during action outside of the ring while Tennessee Lee distracted Referee Jack Doan. Severn was subsequently counted out at 6:38. Jeff Jarrett retains the European Championship.

Match 7

i.imgur.com/gNXPyrj.jpg i.imgur.com/VDBxPXa.jpg

Owen Hart vs. The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust (w/ Valet Luna Vachon)

Goldust cut a bizarre and over-the-top theatrical promo on Owen prior to the match, and then followed that up with his dazzling Shattered Dreams Production entrance to boost his score by 100 points, but the real story of this bout would be Luna Vachon’s interference. Goldust was trapped in the middle of the ring in Hart’s Sharpshooter finisher when Luna sprayed Owen in the face with a fire extinguisher to break the hold. Goldust immediately cradled his blinded foe in a Small Package just as Referee Jack Doan was shaking out the cobwebs from a bad bump that he had sustained moments earlier. Oblivious to Vachon’s skulduggery, the woozy ref crawled over and counted the pin to give Goldust the tainted victory at 7:15.

Backstage Segment – Cole Slaw

Helmsley has a date with destiny at the upcoming Backlash Pay-Per-View when he will take on The Rock for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. During a pre-match interview with Michael Cole backstage, Triple H told the champ to enjoy the final days of his title reign before it all came crumbling down. Michael Cole, as he so often does, gave Helmsley a hard time during the segment and pointed out the dubious way in which he “earned” the championship match in the first place. We were reminded of the infamous brass knucks “phantom punch” a few weeks back that led to Goldust being disqualified and Helmsley becoming the number one contender. Cole then asked if Chyna would be present in his corner at Backlash. “That’s none of your damn business!” Triple H barked back. The interview ended, as usual, with Chyna reaching behind Cole and giving him an Atomic Wedgie.

Match 8

i.imgur.com/8sJgbSp.jpg i.imgur.com/SikZCFW.jpg

“The Big Red Machine” Kane (w/ Paul Bearer & Mysterious Urn) vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley of D-Generation X (w/ “The 9th Wonder of the World” Chyna) in the Main Event

Helmsley increased his score by 100 points from the afore-mentioned promo, and then added another 100 thanks to interference from Chyna. The 200 point swing proved to be too much for The Big Red Machine to overcome. Kane did have his moments, however, including a near Chokeslam on Chyna when the 9th Wonder of the World was caught red-handed trying to clobber him in the ring with a folding chair shot after Referee Earl Hebner had been toppled to the canvas . Helmsley came to the rescue with a high knee smash to the back and then finished Kane off with a Pedigree (Double Underhook Facebuster) onto the chair. Hebner recovered to count the pin for Triple H at 13:29 to end the program.

GV
Hi Everyone ! As with Christian, I don't think that there was A Molly Holly card included in the Monday Night Wars set. Molly came to the WWF toward the end of the Attitude Era. Here's a card that I created for her if anyone would like to use it. As always, feel free to adjust the ratings to your liking Smile

George

i.imgur.com/2kzWiep.jpg

GV
WCW Monday Night Nitro Results (Attitude Era Late 90's)

i.imgur.com/HDflWBF.jpg

Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Long Island, NY

Commentators: “The Professor” Mike Tenay, Tony Schiavone & Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

i.imgur.com/gwdGTtx.jpg

Referees: Scott Dickinson, Nick Patrick, Randy Anderson, Billy Silverman & Charles Robinson

And we’re LIVE from The Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum! (The WCW announcers love to emphasize “Live” as a poke at the WWF’s RAW which is taped.) Tony Schiavone immediately hypes “The Showdown” pitting WCW President Eric Bischoff against WWF CEO & Chairman Vince McMahon. Bischoff did, in fact, challenge McMahon to a match on a previous edition of Nitro. Schiavone goes on to tease us that McMahon has allegedly been spotted backstage. It may very well be nothing more than a WCW ratings gimmick, but one thing is for sure - Vince McMahon cannot be happy one bit about WCW invading the Northeast and appearing at a building that has long been a WWF venue.

Match 1

i.imgur.com/2bAa4IZ.jpg i.imgur.com/XundqjP.jpg

Tag Team Match – High Voltage (Kenny Kaos & Robbie Rage) vs. Disorderly Conduct (Mean Mike & Tough Tom)

"Voltage Twin Powers, Activate !!" High Voltage, like their opponents Disorderly Conduct, are trying to make a name for themselves and work their way up the ladder in the WCW tag team rankings. Neither duo were able to benefit from rolls on their Technical Modifiers, however Disorderly Conduct did earn 50 heel points for disrupting High Voltage’s pre-match promo. Mean Mike appeared to have Robbie Rage in a pinning predicament with a Small Package after blinding him with a handful of powder to the eyes, however Referee Scott Dickinson caught the infraction and immediately called for the bell. Your winners via disqualification at 7:26 – High Voltage.

Match 2

i.imgur.com/y4rwEIB.jpg i.imgur.com/Z33JuJs.jpg

Challenge Match - Ultimo Dragon (w/ Japanese Interpreter Mr. Masa) vs. Buff Bagwell of the n.W.o. (w/ Brian Adams & Vincent)

This bout came to be after Buff Bagwell and the n.W.o. B-Squad put a post-match beat down on Ultimo following the Japanese star’s win over Jerry Flynn on the last edition of Nitro. With the translating assistance of Eric Bischoff’s interpreter (whom Tony Schiavone referred to as “Mr. Masa” this evening), the Dragon then challenged Bagwell to a match which was accepted. Ultimo thought that he had found himself an ally in this mysterious interpreter, but Mr. Masa revealed his true colors at the conclusion of the contest. Ultimo was about to apply his Dragon Sleeper finishing hold when Masa snuck into the ring and leveled him with a Kenka (Yakuza) Kick while Vincent “distracted” Referee Nick Patrick. I use the word “distracted” loosely here, friends. Nick Patrick is notorious for being partial toward n.W.o. grapplers with his officiating (or lack thereof). Patrick is often guilty of “looking the other way” when the n.W.o. is up to their shenanigans. Buff finished off Ultimo with his Blockbuster (Diving Neckbreaker from the top rope) moments later to score the pin at 6:12. Masa then tore off his dress shirt and tie to reveal a n.W.o. t-shirt beneath. “Professor” Mike Tenay spilled the beans by informing us that the interpreter is none other than Masahiro Chono.

Match 3

i.imgur.com/aYBHrcy.jpg i.imgur.com/6NhGMaU.jpg

Rey Mysterio Jr. of the l.W.o. (w/ Eddie Guerrero) vs. Ciclope

Latino World Order leader Eddie Guerrero used Mysterio’s mic time to once again coerce WCW Cruiserweight Champion Juventud Guerrera into joining the stable. Juvi came out and disrupted the promo by saying that he would only join the l.W.o. if Eddie could defeat him at the Fall Brawl Pay-Per-View. The segment cost Rey 50 points in his match against Ciclope, but he quickly recouped the margin with a roll on his Speed Modifier. Mysterio went on to defeat Ciclope at 3:39 with his Springboard Hurricanrana (later dubbed the West Coast Pop in the WWE). After the bell, Eddie Guerrero demanded that Juvi defend the Cruiserweight Championship against Mysterio next week.

Match 4

i.imgur.com/FC478ON.jpg i.imgur.com/7JvcaOI.jpg

“The Laughing Man” Hugh Morrus (w/ Manager Jimmy Hart) vs. Saturn of The Flock (w/ Raven, Horace, Sick Boy & Lodi)

Raven giveth, and Raven taketh away. Saturn cashed in on another rambling tirade by The Flock’s leader prior to the contest to boost his points total by 75 points, but ultimately lost the match due to Raven’s interference. Morrus was shoved off the top rope by Raven just as he was setting himself to deliver his No Laughing Matter Moonsault onto the prone Saturn prompting Referee Billy Silverman to call for the DQ. The time of the match was 4:52. After the bout, Raven told Morrus that The Flock was not yet done with him. The Laughing Man promptly challenged Raven to a match next week, but the shrewd leader of The Flock said that Morrus would be facing Horace instead. Horace (Hogan) is the nephew of Hollywood Hogan.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/0A02eK1.jpg i.imgur.com/sqPnJ1q.jpg

No. 1 Contenders Match for the World Television Championship – “The Iceman” Dean Malenko of The Four Horsemen vs. “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner

Both of these men want a crack at Konnan of the n.W.o. for the TV Title, so the WCW Championship Committee deemed that the winner of this contest would get the opportunity which makes what happened next all the more baffling. Steiner, who was defeated by Konnan for the Title and later refused a personal invitation from Kevin Nash to join the n.W.o. stable, received some help from Big Sexy himself to defeat Malenko. Nash entered the ring and clobbered the Iceman over the head with a folding chair after Referee Charles Robinson had taken a bad bump to the canvas. Big Poppa Pump then clamped the Steiner Recliner (Camel Clutch) onto the KO’d Malenko. Robinson shook out the cobwebs, and upon finding Malenko unconscious in the Recliner, immediately called for the bell. Your winner by “submission” at 6:40 – Scott Steiner.

Match 6

i.imgur.com/71HEjRb.jpg i.imgur.com/Ny3EZNM.jpg

Non-Title Match – WCW Champion Goldberg vs. Scott “Flash” Norton of the n.W.o. (w/ Buff Bagwell & Vincent)

Standing 6’ 3” and tipping the scales at 360lbs, one would think that a man of Scott Norton’s stature would present a formidable challenge to Goldberg, but that was certainly not the case this evening. As always, the WCW Champ wrestled this match like he was double-parked and did away with Norton in a mere 2:18. Of note - Goldberg appeared to injure his shoulder while delivering a Spear and opted to pin Norton with that maneuver rather than his customary Jackhammer.

Match 7

i.imgur.com/aL0t55W.jpg i.imgur.com/2d3NYX2.jpg i.imgur.com/LJ5Xyf8.jpg i.imgur.com/RNF0B4k.jpg

Tag Team Match – “Nature Boy” Ric Flair & Steve “Mongo” McMichael of The Four Horsemen vs. Barry & Kendall Windham of The West Texas Rednecks (w/ Curt Hennig)

When Barry Windham returned to WCW, President Eric Bischoff encouraged him to “make a statement”. Perhaps inspired by Easy E’s suggestion, Windham and the other members of The West Texas Rednecks entered a recording studio and cut a record called “Rap is Crap”. The song was played during the Rednecks’ entrance tonight and was well received by the fans; so much so that the Windham brothers received 150 bonus points. The Rednecks also received an additional 50 points for rolling on their Savvy Modifier, but still remained underdogs to win the contest. Curt Hennig did his best to turn the tables by interfering often. A Hennig chair shot on the Nature Boy outside the ring sparked a wild free-for-all leaving Referee Nick Patrick no choice but to disqualify both teams at 6:56. A feud is definitely brewing between the Horsemen and the Rednecks with Flair and Hennig being the primary combatants.

Match 8

i.imgur.com/UKxhAb8.jpg i.imgur.com/ACxZ0di.jpg

Eric Bischoff vs. Vince McMahon

As illustrated at the top of the broadcast, Bischoff made good on his boast of challenging WWF kingpin Vince McMahon to a match by staging this contest. Dave Penzer introduced Easy E first who strolled down the aisle in wrestling gear, entered the ring and awaited the arrival of his adversary. Penzer then introduced McMahon. All eyes were glued to the ramp, but there was no sign of the WWF CEO & Chairman. Penzer introduced him again with identical results. Easy E then had the time keeper ring the bell to officially begin the match. After a few minutes elapsed, an impatient Bischoff demanded that Referee Randy Anderson begin a ten count. When McMahon still failed to appear, Bischoff made Anderson raise his arm in victory. Alrighty then. Your winner via Count Out at 4:07 – Eric Bischoff.

Match 9

i.imgur.com/RC5QpM1.jpg i.imgur.com/KvrJL1g.jpg

Sting vs. “Big Sexy” Kevin Nash of the n.W.o.

Michael “Let’s Get Ready To Rumble” Buffer did the honors of performed the match introductions for our Main Event. Sting received a huge pop (and 100 points) from the crowd as he descended from the rafters in his black trench coat and ominously pointed his baseball bat toward Kevin Nash. Big Sexy offset the entrance somewhat by earning 50 points of his own for rolling on his Cheating Modifier, but struggled throughout this bout nevertheless. Nash’s chances appeared as though they might improve once Scott Steiner made his way down the aisle mid-match. The commentators presumed that Big Poppa Pump had come to “return the favor” and assist Nash for helping him earlier in the program. Tony Schiavone went so far as ponder if Steiner had joined the n.W.o. All of that speculation went out the window when Steiner whacked Nash with Sting’s baseball bat while Referee Billy Silverman’s back was turned. The Stinger wasted no time in clamping on the Scorpion Death Lock (Sharpshooter) to draw the submission victory at 10:29. Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton and Brian Adams all rushed the ring after the bell for the obligatory n.W.o. run-in, however Steiner and Sting were able to fend them off with the baseball bat.
Edited by GV on 11/12/2019

GV
i.imgur.com/OWUnvkt.jpg

GV

i.imgur.com/UWrCpFt.jpg

Compaq Center, Houston, TX

i.imgur.com/J7tsSxp.jpg

i.imgur.com/DjmyYas.jpg

Referees: Jim Korderas, Tim White, Earl Hebner, Mike Chioda & Teddy Long

*Opening Pyrotechnics*

Jim Ross & Jerry “The King” Lawler open the show by touting the upcoming Backlash Pay-Per-View. They then turn their attention to tonight’s card which will include the long-awaited debut of the Farooq/Bradshaw tag team in a Triple Threat Match with The Headbangers and D.O.A., as well as Sable taking on Chyna and Ken Shamrock vs. Cactus Jack. We will also be privy to a special announcement from The Undertaker who is scheduled to face The Rock in tonight’s Main Event !

Match 1

i.imgur.com/avQ7HvG.jpg i.imgur.com/IXO2DcO.jpg

WWF Light Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match – Champion Taka Michinoku of Kaientai (w/ Manager Yamaguchi-San) vs. Challenger Christian of The Brood (w/ Edge)

Stipulations – There are no Count Outs, DQs, Pins, Submissions or Time Limit. The Light Heavyweight Belt is suspended above the ring from the rafters. The match is won by climbing a ladder and retrieving the belt.

Ladder Modifiers are the only ones that are in play and Michinoku holds a 25 point advantage over Christian in that regard. Taka also received an additional 75 points for another over-dubbed and comical Kaientai promo prior to the match. (The rumours are that Shane McMahon is now providing the bogus translating from somewhere in the back.) This was a nail-biter to the end with both competitors climbing separate ladders to claim the dangling belt. In a dangerous, high-spot finish, Michinoku kicked over Christian’s ladder to send the challenger sailing over the top rope and out of the ring onto Edge who was on the floor. Your winner at 12:50 and still WWF Light Heavyweight Champion – Taka Michinoku.

Match 2

Rematch - Droz (w/ Stephanie McMahon) vs. Test (w/ Trish Stratus)

Stephanie ratcheted her feud with Trish Straus up a notch or two or three with a scathing rant on the blonde diva newcomer of whom she referred to as a “skank” and “floozy”. Steph made it clear that she was at ringside to ensure that Trish and Test abided by the rules. The promo gave Droz 100 bonus points to make him the heavy favorite to take the match. Test earned 25 points of his own by rolling on his Size Modifier, but Trish provided his best chance to pull out a victory when she blinded Droz with a blast of pepper spray to the eyes. Test quickly followed up with a Running Big Boot to the mush and pounced on his foe for what appeared to be the winning pinfall, however Stephanie immediately notified Referee Tim White of the skullduggery that had transpired. Rather that count the pin, White examined Droz’s eyes and called for the bell. Your winner by disqualification at 6:31 – Droz. Trish was furious with Stephanie and challenged her to a match at Backlash. Steph accepted.

Match 3

i.imgur.com/dET0xlO.jpg i.imgur.com/hLML5OB.jpg

D’Lo Brown of The Nation of Domination (w/ “The Strongest Man in the World” Mark Henry) vs. WWF Hardcore Champion The Big Boss Man (w/ The Big Show)

This was not a hardcore match, so the Big Boss Man’s title was not on the line. D’Lo, who was injured by The Big Show & The Boss Man at WrestleMania, has been looking forward to some payback against his protagonists ever since he returned to action. Brown had some choice words for them during a backstage interview with Michael Cole prior to the match and closed the promo with his trademark “You better recognize!” catchphrase to earn himself a 50 point bonus. D’Lo was in charge throughout this contest until the Big Show smashed him in the back with the Boss Man’s nightstick. The interference immediately drew Mark Henry into the fray. He and the Big Show brawled on the floor and back up the aisle toward the back. In the meantime, the Boss Man finished off the dazed D’Lo with his Spinning Sidewalk Slam (Boss Man Slam) to score the pin at 8:35.

In Ring Segment – “Deadman Talking”

The fans have been anxiously anticipating the formation of a tag team partnership between Faarooq and Bradshaw for some time now, but this was not quite what they had in mind. The duo came to the ring with the Undertaker who introduced them as “The Acolytes” of his “Ministry of Darkness”. The ‘Taker was looking even more sinister than usual (if that were possible) and referred to himself as “The Reaper of Lost Souls”. He said that he had found Bradshaw and Faarooq “wandering aimlessly in the wilderness and devoid of any direction.”

“They needed a purpose, and I have given them that purpose,” the Deadman ominously growled, “Now bear witness to that purpose …”

The fans then watched footage of Faarooq and Bradshaw annihilating D.O.A. backstage on the giant Titantron screen moments before they came down to the ring for this segment.

“Anyone who gets in the Ministry’s way will meet the same fate,” the Undertaker warned.

The Deadman then dropped another bombshell by dumping his half-brother Kane and dissolving their “Brothers of Destruction” tag team alliance. The ‘Taker said that there was only room for “one monster” in his Ministry and that he was it.

Before he could continue, The Rock’s music hit. The Brahma Bull came out on the ramp with a mic and electrified the crowd by bellowing, “Finally, The Rock has come back to Houston !”

He then surveyed the macabre trio in the ring. “What in the blue hell do we have here, The Addams Family reunion ?? Or maybe it's Elvira’s Romper Room ?? The Rock thought that Halloween was over a month ago !"

(The fans cheer !)

"Undertaker, you want to go one-on-one with the Great One tonight ? Well, The Rock says that your 33lb head and Mickey Mouse tattoos aren’t gonna stop you from get a five-star ass-whoopin’ !"

(More cheers from the fans !)

"The People’s Champ is gonna come down the People’s Ramp, step into the People’s Ring and check your candy ass into the Smackdown Hotel !"

i.imgur.com/KefXA8V.jpg

"If you smell …. what The Rock …….. is cookin’ !”

The crowd goes wild as we cut away to commercial !

Match 4

i.imgur.com/Xl94oqB.jpg i.imgur.com/7u3LA44.jpg i.imgur.com/me16RqL.jpg

Triple Threat Tag Team Match – The Acolytes (Bradshaw & Faarooq) vs. The Headbangers (Mosh & Thrasher) vs. D.O.A. (8-Ball & Skull)

D.O.A. were unable to compete due to the brutal ambush by The Acolytes’ beforehand and were eliminated from this contest. As a result, the Triple Threat Match became a standard tag team match between The Acolytes and The Headbangers. Faarooq & Bradshaw picked right up where they had left off with D.O.A. and completely obliterated the Headbangers. It became clear that The Acolytes were more interested in inflicting punishment rather than in actually winning the match. The duo took the carnage too far, however, when Bradshaw clobbered Mosh with a medieval iron spike that the Undertaker had presented to him in some sort of ritualistic fashion. Referee Mike Chioda had seen enough and immediately disqualified The Acolytes at 6:06.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/4VQ2rNJ.jpg i.imgur.com/NrJLNre.jpg

Sable vs. “The 9th Wonder of the World” Chyna of D-Generation X (w/ Hunter Hearst Helmsley)

Chyna and Sable are both former WWF Ladies Champions. We were scheduled to hear from The 9th Wonder of the World in a pre-match promo, but, as usual, Triple H ended up doing all the talking instead. Helmsley told us that Chyna has demanded this return bout ever since Sable dethroned her as the Ladies Champion in a Fatal Four Way Match in Louisville, KY some time back. Helmsley reminded us that Sable actually pinned Luna Vachon and not Chyna in that contest to win the championship. Triple H alleged that a Fatal Four Way Match was the only way that the champion committee could get the belt off Chyna. Conspiracy theories aside, Helmsley’s spiel boosted the 9th Wonder of the World’s points total by 75. Sable added some points of own by rolling on her Speed Modifier, an attribute that her opponent is clearly lacking in. The agility allowed her to duck a would-be Triple H chair shot leaving Chyna to absorb the full brunt of the blow instead. Sable quickly pounced on her dazed adversary prompting Helmsley to run in and break up the pin attempt. His interference drew the DQ on Chyna at 5:18.

i.imgur.com/hg57LeQ.jpg

Signed for Backlash:

i.imgur.com/dET0xlO.jpg i.imgur.com/IdPdKYE.jpg i.imgur.com/tFhuHnr.jpg i.imgur.com/hLML5OB.jpg

The Nation of Domination (D’Lo Brown & “The Strongest Man in the World” Mark Henry) vs. Big Trouble (The Big Show & The Big Boss Man)

i.imgur.com/Mdrme8C.jpg i.imgur.com/mf1N8Ix.jpg

Stephanie McMahon vs. Trish Stratus

Tag Team Championship Match – Challengers Southern Justice (Dennis Knight & Mark Canterbury) vs. the Champion New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg Jesse James & “Badd Ass” Billy Gunn) of D-Generation X

Intercontinental Championship Match – Challenger Hunter Hearst Helmsley of D-Generation X vs. Champion The Rock of The Nation of Domination

WWF Championship Match – Challenger Mankind vs. Champion “Stone Cold” Steve Austin

Match 6

i.imgur.com/rS62mnB.jpg i.imgur.com/AFzTMK6.jpg

Cactus Jack (w/ Chainsaw Charlie) vs. “The Most Dangerous Man in the World” Ken Shamrock (w/ Wild Eyes & Hair-Trigger Temper)

No matter how he chooses to package himself from week-to-week, the fans love Mick Foley and all his colorful personas. Tonight, they were treated to “Mr. Bang, Bang” himself Cactus Jack. As a special bonus attraction, they also received the demented Chainsaw Charlie (Middle-Aged Crazy Terry Funk) who accompanied Jack to the ring and hung out at ringside to be in his corner for the match. In response to their entrance, the crowd rewarded Cactus with an additional 100 points. As it turned out, though, maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to have Charlie around after all. Chainsaw meant well when he climbed up onto the apron to interfere, but had Cactus sent crashing into him by Shamrock. The violent collision knocked Charlie flying to the floor and inflicted 100 points worth of damage to Jack. Shamrock capitalized on the moment by clamping his dreaded Ankle Lock onto the groggy Cactus and inducing a submission at 14:13.

After the bell, Val Venis came down to ringside to ask Shamrock to be the Best Man in his upcoming wedding with Ken’s kid sister Ryan. The Big Valbowski may be from from Las Vegas, but he was really “rolling the dice” and pushing his “luck” here. Given Shamrock’s animosity toward him, plus the fact that he was still amped up from the match and “in the zone” as he calls, this was probably not the best time to pose such a question. It came as no surprise that Shamrock’s “answer” was a jungle yell and a crushing Belly-to-Belly Suplex before storming off to the back. After Venis shook off the slam and regained his breath, he smiled and said, “I’ll take that as a “Yes” then."

Match 7

i.imgur.com/lgPQ4IH.jpg i.imgur.com/4MaZhwX.jpg

WWF Intercontinental Champion The Rock of The Nation of Domination vs. “The Phenom” Undertaker

This is a non-title match. The modifiers were certainly in the Brahma Bull’s favor in tonight’s Main Event. The Rock received 25 points for “Size” while the ghoulish Undertaker lost 25 for “Speed”. The 50 point swing was more than offset by the interference of The Acolytes, however. Faarooq had vengeance on his mind when he snuck into the ring and laid the Rock out with his Dominator (Inverted Front Powerslam) finisher while Bradshaw distracted Referee Tim White. (The former leader of the Nation of Domination has long harbored a grudge against the Rock ever since he was unceremoniously ousted from the stable.) The Undertaker added a Tombstone Piledriver for good measure to secure the pinfall at 12:15. The Acolytes then entered the ring and joined the ‘Taker in a post-match beat down on The Rock until D’Lo Brown and Mark Henry ran in to even the odds. A wild free-for-all ensued between the Ministry of Darkness and The Nation of Domination. “The Big Red Machine” Kane also came down to ringside, but his presence went undetected amidst the chaos. The Deadman was about to clobber The Rock with his medieval spike when he was spun around by Kane, grabbed by the throat, and planted into the mat with the Chokeslam from Hell to close the show.
Edited by GV on 11/26/2019

GV
WCW Thunder Results (Late 90's)

i.imgur.com/JYqyJMu.jpg

Ice Palace, Tampa, FL

Commentators: Tony Schiavone, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan & Lee Marshall

Referees: Billy Silverman, Mickie Jay, Mark "Slick" Johnson, Randy Anderson & Charles Robinson

Match 1

i.imgur.com/ML41Fpj.jpg i.imgur.com/FLa3XND.jpg

Tag Team Match - Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray) vs. Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & "Flyboy" Rocco Rock w/ Table)

Harlem Heat’s return to action drew major cheers from the crowd. (Stevie Ray has been out for several weeks with a back injury.) The boisterous fan reaction bolstered their total by 125 points. Public Enemy had threatened to put Stevie back on the shelf with their Drive By (Rocco Senton Bomb from the top rope onto a tabled opponent) during a pre-match interview with “Mean” Gene Okerlund, however it would be one of Harlem Heat’s finishers that would ultimately decide the contest. Stevie pinned Johnny Grunge at 6:43 after Johnny sustained the Heat Bomb (Stevie Powerbomb & Booker Diving Elbow Drop from the top rope).

Match 2

i.imgur.com/2KUC98l.jpg i.imgur.com/GyWE0cu.jpg

"The Ragin' Cajun" Lash Leroux vs. Glacier

Glacier received a rather chilly reception at the Ice Palace (pun intended) when his entrance drew absolutely no crowd reaction whatsoever. On the flip side, the colorful Leroux was well received by the spectators, especially after tossing Mardi Gras bead necklaces to them. The fans were hoping for an upset after Lash connected with his Bourbon Street Blues (a pair of jabs followed by a split and then a lariat), but the Ragin’ Cajun went down for the three count following Glacier’s Cryonic Kick (Super Kick) finisher.

Match 3

i.imgur.com/FC478ON.jpg i.imgur.com/j6THRwO.jpg

"The Laughing Man" Hugh Morrus (w/ Manager Jimmy Hart) vs. Horace of The Flock (w/ Stop Sign & Raven, Riggs, Saturn & Lodi)

Morrus has been embroiled in a feud with members of The Flock lately. The Laughing Man defeated Saturn via DQ on the last edition of Nitro due to outside interference from Raven. Following that contest, Morrus challenged the Flock’s leader to a match, but was told by Raven that he had to get through Horace first, hence tonight’s bout. Horace (Hogan) is the nephew of Hollywood Hulk Hogan and is trying to make a name for himself with The Flock. A native of Tampa, Horace was cheered by the fans during Dave Penzer’s match introduction and subsequently lost points since he is the heel in this match. Once the action got under way, he struggled mightily against the determined Morrus, but caught a lucky break in the end. As they so often do, The Flock brought a Stop Sign with them to ringside. Raven tossed it into the ring for Horace to use while Saturn distracted Referee Mark Johnson, but the Laughing Man got to it first. The official turned around just in time to see Morrus clobber Horace with the sign and immediately called for the bell. Your winner by disqualification at 5:31 – Horace.

Match 4

i.imgur.com/8jvA1Wq.jpg i.imgur.com/c5zar7f.jpg

Billy Kidman (w/ Valet Torrie Wilson) vs Brad Armstrong (w/ Alice Cooper “No More Mr. Nice Guy” Entrance Music)

This match came about after both competitors interfered in each other’s bouts on the last episode of Thunder. Fortified by 100 bonus points from the fans for his flashy entrance with Torrie, Kidman went on to score the winning pinfall with his Shooting Star Press from the top rope at 5:30. Armstrong has turned to the dark side recently and showed his new-found mean streak by attacking Kidman after the bell with a folding chair. Ernest “The Cat” Miller, with whom Armstrong is also feuding, ran in to make the save.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/YVyYN6Q.jpg i.imgur.com/aYBHrcy.jpg

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match – Champion "The Juice" Juventud Guerrera vs. Challenger Rey Mysterio Jr. of the L.W.O. (w/ Eddie Guerrero)

This should be a good one, folks, that is, if Eddie Guerrero can keep his nose out of it. Well, so much for that. There is no love lost between Eddie and Juvy, and Guerrero attacked the Cruiserweight Champ before the bell to inflict 100 points worth of damage. That was just a foreshadowing of things to come. The match ended up on the floor with Eddie once again becoming involved in the action. Both men were counted out by Referee Charles Robinson at 6:19. Juventud Guerrera retains the Cruiserweight Title.

Match 6

i.imgur.com/oH92cHd.jpg i.imgur.com/lvQ5Qdr.jpg

"The Total Package" Lex Luger vs. The Disciple (The WWF’s Brutus Beefcake) of the n.W.o. (w/ "Macho Man" Randy Savage & Liz)

As a top card face draw, Luger has been under-achieving as of late and the crowd let him know it with a lukewarm reception during his entrance to cost The Total Package 50 points. Luger offset the deduction somewhat by gaining back 25 points for rolling on his Size Modifier. The Total Package won over some of his critics tonight by inducing a submission from the Disciple with his Torture Rack finisher to take the match at 6:15. Luger further boosted his popularity with the crowd by successfully fending off an attack by “Macho Man” Randy Savage after the bell.

Match 7

i.imgur.com/xniR91q.jpg i.imgur.com/JX94VIo.jpg

"Crippler" Chris Benoit of The Four Horsemen vs. Curt Hennig of The West Texas Rednecks (w/ Barry & Kendall Windham)

Perhaps most famous for his “Mr. Perfect” heel persona in the WWF, Curt Hennig knows how to draw heat and did so this evening to add an extra 100 points to his score. Unfortunately for him, an errant haymaker by stable mate Kendall Windham wiped out the bonus. Looking to atone for his miscue, Kendall sent The Crippler over the barricade railing and into the crowd with a vicious running Lariat when the battle moved to the floor. Benoit was unable to make Referee Mickie Jay’s ensuing ten count. Your winner via Count Out at 7:28 – Curt Hennig. The West Texas Rednecks continued to lay a clubberin’ on Benoit until they were chased off by the Four Horsemen (“Nature Boy” Ric Flair, “Iceman” Dean Malenko & Steve “Mongo” McMichael).

Match 8

i.imgur.com/sqPnJ1q.jpg i.imgur.com/RC5QpM1.jpg i.imgur.com/9TK7uns.jpg

Non Title Tag Team Match - "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner & Sting vs. The WCW Tag Team Champion Outsiders of the n.W.o. ("Big Sexy" Kevin Nash & Scott Hall)

Judging by his physical appearance, Scott Steiner may not look the part, but Big Poppa Pump proved to be the weakest link in the Main Event. The Outsiders had payback on their minds after Steiner helped Sting defeat Kevin Nash on the last Nitro. Big Kev and Scott Hall isolated Steiner in the ring and wore him down with quick tags in and out (many of them illegal) all the while preventing Big Poppa Pump from tagging out. A frustrated Sting spent most of the match looking on from the apron and providing encouragement to his beleaguered partner. Of course the Stinger cleaned house once he was inevitably tagged in, but some n.W.o. chicanery helped the Outsiders take the bout in the end. Steiner was pinned by Nash at 13:02 after Hall snuck into the ring and delivered the Outsiders’ Edge (Crucifix Powerbomb ) to Big Poppa Pump while Referee Mark Johnson was busy sending Sting back to his corner.

GV
WWF Smackdown! Results (Attitude Era Late 90's)

i.imgur.com/lDWH4e8.jpg

Corestates Center, Philadelphia, PA

i.imgur.com/fS7QNFJ.jpg

Commentators: Michael Cole & Jim Cornette

i.imgur.com/uH2ut05.jpg

Ring Announcer: Tony Chimel

Referees: Tim White, Jim Korderas, Mike Chioda, Earl Hebner & Jack Doan

*Opening Pyrotechnics*

Match 1

i.imgur.com/0xvONyj.jpg i.imgur.com/71KpbrY.png

"Lethal Weapon" Steve Blackman vs. Grandmaster Sexay of Too Cool (w/ Scotty 2 Hotty)

Too Cool took exception to their flashy Hip-Hop entrance being upstaged by Blackman’s glow-in-the dark Escrima Fighting Sticks and attacked the “Lethal Weapon” before the bell. The ambush cost Blackman 100 points worth of damage. Grandmaster Sexay also benefited from a roll on his Speed Modifier to boost his score by an additional 25 points. The deficit was simply too much for Blackman to overcome. The “Lethal Weapon” went down for the count at 6:34 following Grandmaster Sexay’s Hip-Hop Drop (Leg Drop from the top rope).

Match 2

i.imgur.com/0IGdzjq.jpg i.imgur.com/I21JCqW.jpg

Tag Team Match - L.O.D. 2000 (Hawk & Animal w/ Sunny) vs. Los Boricuas (Jesus Castillo & Savio Vega w/ Jose Estrada Jr.)

L.O.D. cut a big backstage promo (complete with Hawk’s trademark “What a rush !” catchphrase) prior to the match to give them 100 bonus points to work with against Los Boricuas. Animal & Hawk added another 50 points to their score by rolling on their Savvy Modifier. The Latino tandem of Vega & Castillo countered with a roll on their Cheating Modifier to give them a 25 point bonus, but they came up short in the end. Animal pinned Castillo at 5:28 following the Doomsday Device (Animal Electric Chair Lift & Hawk Diving Clothesline).

Backstage Segment – Mr. McMahon’s Office

We join a meeting in progress in which the Boss and his cronies Pat Patterson & Gerald Brisco are attempting to dissuade Stephanie from taking part in her match against Trish Stratus as Backlash. Vince, playing the concerned father, tries to reason with her and points out that Steph has absolutely no ring experience whatsoever. Stephanie doesn’t disagree, but adds that Trish (at this early point in her WWF career) also has no experience. Seeing that he is getting nowhere with his stubborn daughter, Vince reluctantly acquiesces, but with the stipulation that she agrees to be trained to prepare her for the match. He then summons the former longtime WWF Ladies Champion The Fabulous Moolah into his office and instructs her to take Stephanie under her wing and work with her.

Match 3

i.imgur.com/wliqerC.jpg i.imgur.com/JwVcQd9.jpg

The Blue Meanie of The J.O.B. Squad (w/ Al Snow & “Head”) vs. ”The Vampire Warrior” Gangrel of The Brood (w/ Edge & Christian)

Snow: “What does everybody want ??”

Crowd: “Head !!”

J.O.B. Squad leader Al Snow got a huge pop from the fans for his popular catchphrase during the Blue Meanie’s entrance. The crowd reaction added 150 points to the Meanie’s total, but he could not parlay the bonus into a victory. Gangrel dominated the match from beginning to end and finished off his adversary with the Impaler (Implant DDT) at 4:00.

Match 4

i.imgur.com/gNXPyrj.jpg i.imgur.com/31NfbXP.jpg

Owen Hart vs. Sho Funaki of Kaientai (w/ Manager Yamaguchi-San & Dick Togo)

Owen had his pre-match interview with Kevin Kelly rudely interrupted by WWF European Champion Jeff Jarrett. The two nearly came to blows backstage after their confrontation escalated. Jarrett’s manager Tennessee Lee (aka Robert Fuller) quickly pulled his ward from the conflict and told him that Hart “wasn’t worth the time”. Owen retaliated with his “Enough is Enough !” motto and issued a challenge to Jarrett that went unanswered. The fans rewarded Hart for his defiance with a bonus of 100 points. Already in a hole before the match even started, things went from bad to worse for Funaki after some interference from Kaientai stablemate Dick Togo went awry. Togo came off the top rope with a Missile Drop Kick while Yamaguchi-San distracted Senior Official Earl Hebner. Owen ducked in the nick of time leaving Funaki to take the full brunt of the maneuver instead. Hart then applied his Sharpshooter to gain the submission victory at 5:20. After the bell, Jarrett came out on the ramp and accepted Owen’s earlier challenge by saying that he would defend the European Championship against him at the Backlash pay-per-view.

In Ring Segment – “Oh, You Didn’t Know ??”

i.imgur.com/QqFhIgf.png

Road Dogg Jesse James of D-Generation X may have a bum knee, but his mouth was working just fine. The Dogg came down to the ring on crutches and hardly seemed ready to defend the WWF Tag Team Championship belts with his New Age Outlaws partner “Badd Ass” Billy Gunn against Southern Justice (Dennis Knight & Mark Canterbury) at Backlash. The Dogg asserted that Knight & Justice (formerly known as the babyface Arkansas pig farmers Henry & Phineas Godwinn) tried to take him out because they knew that they couldn’t beat the New Age Outlaws in a fair fight. Despite his injury , the Dogg insisted that he’ll wrestle at Backlash and that the Outlaws would successfully defend their titles. Road Dogg, who hails from Georgia, concluded the segment by saying that he had his own brand of “Southern Justice” for Knight & Canterbury.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/H1klfZu.jpg i.imgur.com/CmvKScs.jpg

The Godfather (w/ Lots of Bling & Ho Train) vs. Vader

As he so often does with his opponents, the Godfather gave Vader the opportunity to forfeit the match tonight for the services of one of his “Ladies of the Evening”. The offer was declined, however it came during Vader’s in-ring promo to cost the 456lb brute from the Rocky Mountains 50 points. The Pimp Daddy also benefited from a roll on his Savvy Modifier to tack on 25 points to his score. Things were looking bad for Vader until the Undertaker’s henchmen The Acolytes (Faarooq & Bradshaw) stormed the ring and did a number on the Godfather while Referee Jack Doan was incapacitated after taking a bad bump to the canvas. Doan recovered just as Vader was finishing off his mauled opponent with the Vader Bomb (Corner Slingshot Splash) and counted the pin at 6:06. Faarooq seems to be targeting his former Nation of Domination stablemates for the Acolyte attacks. (The Godfather, then known as Kama Mustafa, was once a member of the Nation.) The Acolytes also attacked The Rock during the last edition of RAW.

Match 6

i.imgur.com/8sJgbSp.jpg i.imgur.com/VDBxPXa.jpg

“The Big Red Machine” Kane (w/ Paul Bearer & Mysterious Urn) vs The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust (w/ Luna Vachon)

Kane’s efforts this evening were hampered by his older half-brother and former Brothers of Destruction tag team partner “The Phenom” Undertaker. Although he didn’t interfere in the match per se, the Deadman’s appearance alone outside the ring was sufficient enough to serve as a distraction and reduce The Big Red Machine’s total by 50 points. Kane received an unexpected gift from Luna Vachon, however, when the valet accidentally sprayed Goldust in the face with a fire extinguisher. Looking to atone for her miscue, Luna then tossed the extinguisher into the ring for Goldust to use, but Kane got to it first and bashed his adversary in the head with it. Referee Tim White caught the infraction and immediately called for the DQ at 5:07. After the bell, the ‘Taker attacked Kane, as did The Acolytes who raced in from the back. Much to the fans delight, the sound of smashing glass brought out WWF Champion “Stone Cold” Steve Austin who ran in with a chair to clean house and make the save. Michael Cole reminded us that Austin and Kane were once a very successful, albeit unorthodox, tag team.

Match 7

i.imgur.com/Lv5pWim.jpg i.imgur.com/68AY12t.jpg i.imgur.com/SikZCFW.jpg i.imgur.com/nJSunhY.jpg i.imgur.com/vUsAaKN.jpg

Six Man Tag Team Match Main Event – “Badd Ass” Billy Gunn, X-Pac & Hunter Hearst Helmsley of D-Generation X (w/ Road Dogg Jesse James & “The 9th Wonder of the World” Chyna) vs. Tennessee Lee’s stable of WWF European Champion Jeff Jarret & Southern Justice (Dennis Knight & Mark Canterbury)

D-Generation X set the tone early by thwarting a sneak attack from their opponents before the opening bell to bolster their total by 100 points. The modifiers washed out with DX gaining 25 points for Speed (mainly due to X-Pac) while Tennessee Lee’s team did likewise for Technical (mainly due to Jarrett). The story of this match was Road Dogg’s revenge on Southern Justice. Although he hobbled outside the ring throughout the contest, the Dogg revealed that it was all a clever ruse when he shattered one of his crutch’s with a vicious smash over Canterbury’s back while Chyna distracted Referee Jim Korderas. Helmsley then added a Pedigree (Double Underhook Facebuster) to pin Canterbury at 11:16. After the match, Road Dogg celebrated with his stablemates and showed no lingering effects from the knee injury that has plagued him since being injured by Southern Justice several weeks ago. Canterbury, on the other hand, had to be assisted to the back and will be less than 100% for the WWF Tag Team Championship match against the New Age Outlaws at Backlash.

The program concluded with a Backlash Pay-Per-View Promo

i.imgur.com/hg57LeQ.jpg

i.imgur.com/dET0xlO.jpg i.imgur.com/IdPdKYE.jpg i.imgur.com/tFhuHnr.jpg i.imgur.com/hLML5OB.jpg

The Nation of Domination (D’Lo Brown & “The Strongest Man in the World” Mark Henry) vs. Big Trouble (The Big Show & The Big Boss Man)

European Championship Match – Challenger Owen Hart vs. Champion Jeff Jarrett

i.imgur.com/8sJgbSp.jpg i.imgur.com/4MaZhwX.jpg

Hell In A Cell Match – “The Big Red Machine Kane” vs. “The Phenom” Undertaker of The Ministry

GV

i.imgur.com/UWrCpFt.jpg

Breslin Arena, East Lansing, MI

i.imgur.com/J7tsSxp.jpg

i.imgur.com/DjmyYas.jpg

Referees: Mike Chioda, Mike Sparks, Earl Hebner, Tim White & Teddy Long

*Opening Pyrotechnics*

Jim Ross & Jerry “The King” Lawler welcome us to another edition of Monday Night RAW. They refer to tonight as “the final tune up” for the upcoming Backlash Pay-Per-View. Matches this evening include a Hardcore Championship Title Defense by the Big Boss Man against Chainsaw Charlie as well as The Acolytes squaring off against The Nation of Domination in tag team action. The Main Event will feature a No Holds Barred contest pitting Ken Shamrock against his arch nemesis Dan “The Beast” Severn.

Backstage Segment – “Through With The Black & Blue Crew”

Distraught with his dismal won/loss record as a member of Al Snow’s lovable band of losers The J.O.B. Squad, Scorpio sought out the looney leader of the stable with the intention of tendering his resignation. Snow would hear none of it, however. After consulting with his mannequin head, Al reassured his disgruntled worker that better times were coming. Snow supported his optimism by informing Scorpio that he would be facing Mexican luchador Pantera in tonight’s opening contest. Like Scorpio, Pantera often faces, and comes up short, against opponents who are much larger than him in size. This was definitely a winnable contest, and one, in which, Scorpio was eager to participate. Bolstered by Snow’s pep talk and his new-found confidence, Scorpio enthusiastically headed to ringside to open the show.

Match 1

i.imgur.com/Dvp0q1W.jpg i.imgur.com/95GLAeZ.jpg

Scorpio of The J.O.B. Squad vs. Tiger Ali Singh (w/ Manservant Babu)

Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men (and Scorpio) often go awry. It seems as though wealthy Indian playboy Tiger Ali Singh was also looking forward to tonight’s opening match in the hopes of a notching a victory for himself. While Scorpio was having his pow wow with Snow in the back, Tiger went to the ring with a wad of cash and an indecent proposal for Pantera. The vile Singh loves to use his wealth to humiliate people, and this evening was no exception. Tiger offered the Mexican star $500 to mow the lawn of his palatial estate while he took his place and wrestled Scorpio tonight. Pantera took the money and ran, leaving Singh to face Scorpio. The J.O.B. Squad member gained an additional 25 points by rolling on his Speed Modifier, but went down for the count following Singh’s Tiger Bomb (Bulldog from the top rope) finisher. Your winner at 7:41 – Tiger Ali Singh !

In Ring Segment - "Break It Down !"

D-Generation X music brought Hunter Hearst Helmsley down to the ring along with “The 9th Wonder of the World” Chyna. Triple H got his digs at The Rock and vowed to win the Intercontinental Championship from him at Backlash before turning his attention to Shawn Michaels. Helmsley called out the Heartbreak Kid who emerged from the back in a suit and cowboy hat to a loud ovation from the fans.

Helmsley : “I’m glad to see you all dressed up like that rather than in wrestling gear, Shawn, because it’s always sad to me when an athlete doesn’t know that’s it’s time to hang ‘em up and retire. He becomes an embarrassment to the very sport and profession that made him what he is. I don’t have to tell you that the world of wrestling has passed you by. I think that you finally realized it when you lost at WrestleMania. This is my time now. This is my era. First, I took your place as the leader of D-Generation X, and now I’m taking your place as the headliner. I am the future of this business!”

Michaels is stone-faced and stares quietly at Triple H.

Helmsley : “What's the matter, Shawn ? Where’s your smile ? Are you still looking for it ?”

Triple H peers around the sea of faces in the arena.

Helmsley : “I don’t see it anywhere here in Michigan. Why don’t you get on your horse and ride it back to San Antonio. Maybe you’ll find your smile there. Go home, Shawn. Crack open a cold one, put your feet up, relax and enjoy your retirement.”

A smile slowly comes over Michaels’ face and the fans cheer ! Helmsley isn’t happy about it.

HBK : “You know, Hunter, sometimes an old war horse needs the spur… Maybe I just needed a little incentive. Something to whet the ol’ appetite again… a spark to rekindle the fire of competition… and I’ve got you to thank for that. No, I think I’ll stick around for a while. What do you people think ?"

Michaels plays to the fans and they cheer him on as his HBK theme music plays.

Match 2

i.imgur.com/henUsDa.jpg i.imgur.com/me16RqL.jpg

Tag Team Match - The Holly Cousins (“Hardcore” Bob Holly & Crash Holly w/ Molly Holly) vs. D.O.A. (8-Ball & Skull w/ Chainz & Manager “Precious” Paul Ellering)

Ellering’s men got the early jump (literally) on their opponents by attacking before the opening bell and inflicting 100 points worth of damage to the Hollys. While the ambush made them favorites to take the contest, D.O.A. still needed to resort to a little chicanery to take the duke. Skull & 8-Ball, who are identical twins Ron & Don Harris, pulled the ol’ switcheroo behind Referee Mike Sparks’ back while the official was distracted by Precious Paul. Skull, the illegal member of his team, rolled up Crash from behind to score the pin at 4:55. To add insult to injury, Chainz entered the ring after the bell and joined 8-Ball & Skull in a post-match beat down of the Hollys.

Match 3

i.imgur.com/QJN9KoM.jpg i.imgur.com/hLML5OB.jpg

WWF Hardcore Championship Match – Challenger Chainsaw Charlie vs. Champion The Big Boss Man (w/ The Big Show)

The Boss Man seemed to be looking ahead to Backlash and spent most of his pre-match interview with Kevin Kelly addressing Big Trouble’s tag team grudge match against The Nation of Domination at the upcoming pay-per-view. The Boss Man promised that D’Lo Brown and Mark Henry would do “Hard Time” after he and The Big Show were done with them. The catchphrase may have earned him 100 bonus points for tonight’s title defense, but the former prison guard from Cobb County had better re-focus his attention on Chainsaw Charlie if he hopes to remain the Hardcore Champion. As it turned out, the Boss Man was fortunate to have his Big Trouble tag team partner with him this evening. The Big Show shoved Chainsaw Charlie off the turnbuckle as the challenger was setting himself to deliver a Moonsault from up top. Charlie crashed to the canvas and was then clobbered with a 55 Mph Speed Limit sign to give the Boss Man the pinfall. Your winner at 11:26 and still WWF Hardcore Champion – the Big Boss Man!

Backstage Segment – “Friends With Benefits”

Mr. McMahon is watching a TV monitor backstage intently. The camera peeks over McMahon’s shoulder for a close-up of the screen. We see filmed footage of Vince’s daughter Stephanie working with the Fabulous Moolah on basic wrestling holds in an empty arena. The camera pulls back to reveal that Trish Stratus has now joined the Boss. Trish seems concerned as she views the segment. “She’s getting better, isn’t she?” Vince puts his arm around her and gives the blonde diva a reassuring hug. “Relax. She’s just a beginner. You’re way ahead of her. I’ve had you training with Mae (Young) for well over a year now. You’ll wrestle circles around her at Backlash.” Trish still looks worried. Vince smiles. “You just need to build some confidence, that’s all. What if I add Steph to your match with Lita tonight ? Would that make you feel better ? Just think of it as a little practice run before the big pay-per-view.” The blonde makes eyes at Vince and bats her lashes. “But our match is next,” she says. “Can you do that on such short notice ?” Vince laughs. “I’m the Boss, Baby. I can do anything I want !” Trish gives him a peck on the cheek. “It’ll be our little secret,” Vince adds. “Just like having Mae train me?” Trish asks coyly. “Precisely,” McMahon answers, “Now get to the ring … and remember, I’ll be watching.” With that, Trish scampers off toward ringside as Vince eyes her lecherously.

McMahon has a smug grin on his face until he hears a voice from behind him say, “Stephanie doesn’t need to know about this.” Looking very much like a child who had just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar, Vince slowly turns around to find Shawn Michaels standing in the shadows with his arms folded. "It'll be our little secret," Michaels quips. “You always did have a good sense of timing, Shawn,” McMahon acknowledged. HBK smiles and nods. Vince clears his throat and gets down to business. “How much is this going to cost me ?” he asks. Michaels shakes his head. “I don’t like games, Shawn,” the Boss snarls, “What do you want ??” HBK paused thoughtfully and adds, “Well, since you brought it up, Vince, there is one thing that you could do for me … “

Match 4

i.imgur.com/7dE0K1Y.jpg i.imgur.com/mf1N8Ix.jpg

Ladies Match – Lita (w/ Essa Rios) vs. Trish Stratus (w/ Test)

After Lilian Garcia’s match introductions, Vince McMahon’s “No chance in hell” theme music boomed over the PA system. The Boss ambled out onto the ramp to a loud chorus of “boos!” and proclaimed that he had changed the stipulations of this match to that of a Triple Threat Match with his daughter Stephanie being included as the third participant.

i.imgur.com/Mdrme8C.jpg

No one seemed more surprised than Stephanie herself. She came out in street clothes and told her father that she wasn’t prepared to wrestle tonight. “You were the one who wanted to become a wrestler, not me” Vince reminded her, “Now get in that ring and wrestle, dammit !” Stephanie was livid with her dad and stormed down to the ring for the match.

“Oh, and one more thing ….” Vince added before returning to the back, “I have decided that Shawn Michaels will be the Guest Referee for the Intercontinental Title Match between The Rock and Hunter Hearst Helmsley at Backlash !”

i.imgur.com/i7UydIZ.jpg

The second announcement was met with cheers from the crowd. We suddenly cut to a camera backstage where an irate Triple H, upon hearing the news, is on a rampage of destruction which draws even more cheers from the fans.

Now onto the match. Steph may still be very green in her wrestling ability, but she wasted no time in attacking Trish once the bell rang to officially start the match. Her stinging slaps and blatant hair pulling inflicted 100 points worth of damage to her blonde rival. Stratus rebounded with a Trish-Dog (Running Bulldog) out of the corner, but was met with a Litacanrana (Hurricanrana) from the top rope before she could make a cover. The momentum of the maneuver sent Trish flying through the ropes and crashing hard to the floor outside the ring leaving Lita to score the winning pinfall on the dazed Stephanie at 9:40.

Match 5

i.imgur.com/15ldPK5.jpg i.imgur.com/Rwoo4hJ.jpg

Val Venis (w/ Fiance Ryan Shamrock) vs. “Marvelous” Marc Mero (w/ WWF Ladies Champion Ivory)

Say what you will about Marc Mero, but the man knows how to draw heat. The Marvelous One delivered another over-the-top male chauvinist rant in the ring that had the ladies in attendance seething. Given his dim view of the female gender, it’s a wonder that any woman would ever want to be associated with him, yet he’s been linked with Sable and Jacqueline in the past and Ivory currently. The sexist promo earned him 50 bonus heel points for this contest. Mero also tacked on an additional 25 points for rolling on his Speed Modifier. On the flip side, the Big Valbowski received 25 points of his own via his Cheating Modifier. Venis could be excused, perhaps, for bending the rules after Mero insulted his fiancé by calling Ryan Shamrock “a dime a dozen”. Things got ugly when the Marvelous One bailed from the ring for a time out and got into a heated confrontation with Ryan. Venis immediately rushed to his woman’s defense sparking a wild brawl that took both men over the barricade railing and into the crowd. Referee Teddy Long’s ten count went unanswered. The match ended in a Double Count Out at 6:20.

i.imgur.com/hg57LeQ.jpg

Signed for Backlash:

European Championship Match - Challenger Owen Hart vs. Champion Jeff Jarrett

i.imgur.com/8sJgbSp.jpg i.imgur.com/4MaZhwX.jpg

Hell In A Cell Match - "The Big Red Machine" Kane vs. "The Phenom" Undertaker

i.imgur.com/i7UydIZ.jpg

With Special Guest Referee Shawn Michaels

Match 6

i.imgur.com/rIt0jpl.jpg i.imgur.com/Xl94oqB.jpg

Tag Team Match - The Nation of Domination (“The Strongest Man in the World” Mark Henry & D’Lo Brown) vs. The
Acolytes (Faarooq & Bradshaw w/ “The Phenom” Undertaker)

Although he may be an Acolyte of the Undertaker’s Ministry of Darkness now, Faarooq has some unfinished business with The Nation of Domination. He still bears a grudge against his former stable for ousting him as their leader and carries a vendetta against all its members. With their score bolstered by 150 points for rolling on their Tag Team Bonus, The Acolytes were the favorites to take this match, however Brown & Henry caught a break when Kane came down to ringside. The Big Red Machine’s presence outside the ring served as a major distraction to Bradshaw & Faarooq and cost them 100 points. It was inevitable that the Undertaker and Kane would tussle outside the ring, and go at it they did ! Referee Mike Chioda’s attention became diverted by the skirmish on the floor allowing Bradshaw to illegally sneak in the ring and level D’Lo Brown with his Clothesline from Hell. When Chioda’s focus returned to the match moments later, he found Faarooq making the cover on D’Lo and counted the pin. Your winners at 9:52 – The Acolytes !

Match 7

i.imgur.com/AFzTMK6.jpg i.imgur.com/ELLjlWY.jpg

No Hold Barred Match - “The Most Dangerous Man in the World” Ken Shamrock (w/ Wild Eyes & Hair-Trigger Temper) vs. Dan “The Beast” Severn (w/ “Beauty” Terri Runnels)

With the DQ stipulation waived, anything goes in tonight’s Main Event featuring these two bitter rivals from their UFC days. Beauty & The Beast held court in the ring prior to the contest with Severn cutting a scathing promo on his rival and earning himself 75 bonus points in the process. Shamrock can be his own worst enemy when he allows his rage to blind him, but he managed to keep his temper in check throughout this contest. Despite dominating the action, the World’s Most Dangerous Man was unable to score a pinfall or induce a submission. The bout ended up being decided on the floor. Severn was counted out by Referee Mike Sparks at 12:02 after Shamrock body slammed him through the Spanish Announcer’s table.
Edited by GV on 03/04/2020

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Email or Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest Downloads
· 2014 Statis Pro Base...
· 2013 Statis Pro Base...