· Total Members: 835
· Newest Member: ppitarch
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
View Thread
 Print Thread
Old Statis Pro Football sets need a home before they're thrown away
simonsmrt
Hopefully I've stuck this thread in the right place......... I've already posted this message on BGG a month or so ago.

I am sure many SP football players will be aware of SP champion grognard Lee Harris/Ambolt who kept the game going in the nineties after Avalon Hill stopped producing their sets.

Well he has decided now is the time to shed himself of it all. I carried out a large raid but he still has lots of stuff available and is offering it to any fans who want to make him an offer. What he doesn't offload will probably go in the bin so if you have any gaps in your collection now could be the time to contact him and fill them.
As at 5th May 19 he was still offering the following;

1957, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988x2, 1989 & 1990 some punched some unpunched, all in good condish plus assorted other bits, FAC'S, boards, offense/defense etc.

He lives in Europe so postage can be the biggest sticking point if you don't live on the continent but nothing ventured nothing gained. I cant bear the thought of a lovingly cared for collection going the way of the bin men which is why I am trying to spread the word about this.

Here is a link to his blog that provides more detail.

https://statisprosports.wordpress.com/2019/03/20/statis-pro-sales-update/#comments

Grateful if you mention where you were told about this if you do decide to contact him so that he might not yet decide to throw away what he has left.

josh_c

simonsmrt wrote:

Hopefully I've stuck this thread in the right place......... I've already posted this message on BGG a month or so ago.

I am sure many SP football players will be aware of SP champion grognard Lee Harris/Ambolt who kept the game going in the nineties after Avalon Hill stopped producing their sets.

Well he has decided now is the time to shed himself of it all. I carried out a large raid but he still has lots of stuff available and is offering it to any fans who want to make him an offer. What he doesn't offload will probably go in the bin so if you have any gaps in your collection now could be the time to contact him and fill them.
As at 5th May 19 he was still offering the following;

1957, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988x2, 1989 & 1990 some punched some unpunched, all in good condish plus assorted other bits, FAC'S, boards, offense/defense etc.

He lives in Europe so postage can be the biggest sticking point if you don't live on the continent but nothing ventured nothing gained. I cant bear the thought of a lovingly cared for collection going the way of the bin men which is why I am trying to spread the word about this.

Here is a link to his blog that provides more detail.

https://statisprosports.wordpress.com/2019/03/20/statis-pro-sales-update/#comments

Grateful if you mention where you were told about this if you do decide to contact him so that he might not yet decide to throw away what he has left.

Hey, Simonsmrt, were they saved? Can't figure out how to contact him since the last update in his blog was in May.
My son is looking for 1989 set, decided to switch back to his old hobby from other games. So any updates would be appreciated.
Edited by josh_c on 03/02/2020

simonsmrt
Hi, I haven't been on this site for a long time. Someone told me I had a reply. I think most or all of what the guy had has gone, either to fans of heaven forbid in the bin as he threatened.
Its not all bad though. There are plenty of downloads available. Many are free including 1989 that the chap produced. They can be found on a site that acts as a repository for his stuff
http://www.sycarion.com/statis-pro-football/

If you need more help drop me a line

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Email or Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest Downloads
· 2014 Statis Pro Base...