· Total Members: 835
· Newest Member: ppitarch
Member Poll
There are no polls defined.
View Thread
 Print Thread
All-Time Greats Set?
Jerry L
Jeff, could you possibly consider doing a male and female set to mirror the ATP and WTA legends sets you did for "Ultra Quick Tennis"? It would be awesome to have Jennifer Capriati vs Chris Evert, or Serena Williams vs. Margaret Court, or Jimmy Connors vs. Jim Courier, or Johnny Mac vs. Goran Ivanisovec, etc.! I know you started doing that with TV Pro Wrestling where you mirrored expansions to match another of your wrestling lines. Nothing against Ultra Quick Tennis, but I think POTG has a little more substance and is a bit more detailed (without being too weighed down), so it really hits the sweet spot for me and is everything I want or need in a tabletop tennis game.

DowneyGames

Jerry L wrote:

Jeff, could you possibly consider doing a male and female set to mirror the ATP and WTA legends sets you did for "Ultra Quick Tennis"? It would be awesome to have Jennifer Capriati vs Chris Evert, or Serena Williams vs. Margaret Court, or Jimmy Connors vs. Jim Courier, or Johnny Mac vs. Goran Ivanisovec, etc.! I know you started doing that with TV Pro Wrestling where you mirrored expansions to match another of your wrestling lines. Nothing against Ultra Quick Tennis, but I think POTG has a little more substance and is a bit more detailed (without being too weighed down), so it really hits the sweet spot for me and is everything I want or need in a tabletop tennis game.

I'm with you. However, getting the data is the real issue. Tennis stats have only recently begun to match other sports. As soon as I can get all of the needed data pre-1990's, I will do it.

Jerry L
That would be so awesome! Until then, if you are able to do sets from the 90s on... I would very much welcome a 2001 WTA set. Jennifer Capriati is my fave female player and it would be great to have her in POTG. Which card would you use for her of the "Unrated Player" cards to represent her 2001 card as a way of getting her into the game quicker? She's ranked anywhere from 15th to 18th in the open era according to most sites, but I'm not sure if I should go with "Great" or "Legendary". I imagine you'd give a few adjustments to the stats as well. How would you handle it the Jeff Downey way? Btw, what site do you use for your stats? I can't find any that list more than ace, 1st inserve, surface win %, overall W/L record, and titles. Thanks so much for this game! I'M LOVING IT!!!Grin

Jerry L
Forgot to check the Reply Notification box.

DowneyGames

Jerry L wrote:

That would be so awesome! Until then, if you are able to do sets from the 90s on... I would very much welcome a 2001 WTA set. Jennifer Capriati is my fave female player and it would be great to have her in POTG. Which card would you use for her of the "Unrated Player" cards to represent her 2001 card as a way of getting her into the game quicker? She's ranked anywhere from 15th to 18th in the open era according to most sites, but I'm not sure if I should go with "Great" or "Legendary". I imagine you'd give a few adjustments to the stats as well. How would you handle it the Jeff Downey way? Btw, what site do you use for your stats? I can't find any that list more than ace, 1st inserve, surface win %, overall W/L record, and titles. Thanks so much for this game! I'M LOVING IT!!!Grin

Without having all of the data, I would guess the "GREAT" card would be fairly representative.

My comment about 90s on is mainly geared toward the ATP. The WTA is woefully behind when it comes to stats. So, I don't know how far back I can go with the WTA. 2001 may be pushing it for complete data.

Jerry L
I'll just wait and see what happens then and be pleasantly surprised if POTG 2001 WTA comes about (or even a Jennifer Capriati in the "Downloads" section if one pops up at some point). For now, though, thank you for the temporary suggestion. I'll give the "Great Player" generic card a test drive, and may even tweak a few things after. With the create-a-player file in the POTG "Downloads" section as a guideline, and using the 2015 WTA set I own for high and low stats, it should do the trick of not having her too unbalanced (over or under) for the game. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, Jeff. Even a simple suggestion for the interim from the publisher always helps gamers a lot more than you might think, since they obviously know their games better than we do. Cheers! Smile

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Email or Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Latest Downloads
· 2014 Statis Pro Base...
· 2013 Statis Pro Base...
· 2012 Statis Pro Base...